Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2022, 04:31 PM   #1
Nsomniak6
Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle
Fanfics won't open in Ebook Reader After update

Hi, I just updated my Calibre to the latest version from Calibre4 and updated all of my plugins, and tried to open the Anthologies that I merged from chapters and books of series from AO3. I can't open many of those that have been merged but some seem fine. The actual book series I've merged are fine but I have no clue what is wrong with the FFs that won't open. I have successfully downloaded new FFs from AO3 and merged them and they open fine.

Thanks in advance

This is the details of one of the books that won't open:

calibre, version 6.8.0
ERROR: Loading book failed: Failed to open the book at D:\Calibre3\not_poignant\Spoils Anthology (7604)\Spoils Anthology - not_poignant.epub. Click "Show details" for more info.

Failed to convert book: D:\Calibre3\not_poignant\Spoils Anthology (7604)\Spoils Anthology - not_poignant.epub with error:
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\nsomn\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plug ins\\Goodreads More Tags.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\nsomn\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plug ins\\Read MP3 AudioBook metadata.zip'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 160, in get_zip_reader
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 774, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 809, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 824, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 435, in get_file_type_metadata
File "calibre\customize\builtins.py", line 175, in get_metadata
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 237, in get_quick_metadata
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 216, in get_metadata
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\epub.py", line 163, in get_zip_reader
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 263, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 239, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
DeDRM v10.0.3: Trying to decrypt Spoils Anthology - not_poignant.epub
DeDRM v10.0.3: Verifying zip archive integrity
DeDRM v10.0.3: Error 'File is not a zip file' when checking zip archive
Running file type plugin DeDRM failed with traceback:
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 178, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 1067, in run
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 329, in ePubDecrypt
File "C:\Users\nsomn\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM.zip\zipfix.py", line 70, in __init__
File "C:\Users\nsomn\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM.zip\zipfilerugged.py", line 685, in __init__
File "C:\Users\nsomn\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM.zip\zipfilerugged.py", line 711, in _GetContents
File "C:\Users\nsomn\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM.zip\zipfilerugged.py", line 723, in _RealGetContents
zipfilerugged.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on D:\Calibre3\not_poignant\Spoils Anthology (7604)\Spoils Anthology - not_poignant.epub
EPUB appears to be invalid ZIP file, trying a more forgiving ZIP parser
Failed to run pipe worker with command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 259, in convert
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 774, in __init__
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 809, in _GetContents
File "calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 824, in _RealGetContents
calibre.utils.zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 196, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 821, in viewer_main
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 812, in render_for_viewer
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 789, in render
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 62, in extract_book
File "calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 242, in __call__
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_input. py", line 266, in convert
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 252, in extractall
File "calibre\utils\localunzip.py", line 239, in _extractall
ValueError: Not a ZIP file
Nsomniak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:37 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you running MacOS?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2022, 04:39 PM   #3
Nsomniak6
Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Nsomniak6 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

no, windows 10
Old 11-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsomniak6 View Post
no, windows 10
If it's a 64-bit Windows 10, install the latest Calibre 6 and see what happens.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-23-2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:44 PM   #5
Nsomniak6

i just upgraded to 6 from 4
Advert
Old 11-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
i just upgraded to 6 from 4
Is everything working? Have you updated all the plugins that have updates?
Old 11-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #7
Nsomniak6

yes everything is updated
Old 11-23-2022, 04:47 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
yes everything is updated
Is it now working?
Old 11-23-2022, 04:51 PM   #9
Nsomniak6

I think you might have misunderstood that this happened after I had already upgraded to 6 and updated all the plugins. It stopped opening after the upgrade
Old 11-23-2022, 04:55 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I think you might have misunderstood that this happened after I had already upgraded to 6 and updated all the plugins. It stopped opening after the upgrade
I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Maybe someone else can come up with some suggestions.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:08 PM   #11
Nsomniak6

Thanks for trying!
Old 11-23-2022, 05:15 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Try restart with no 3rd-party plugins

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-24 091342.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	197966

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:24 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try restart with no 3rd-party plugins

Attachment 197966

BR
And if that has the same problems, how did you create these anthologies?

They appear to be invalid zips (EPUB is rebadged zip that must conform to a specific structure)

BR
Old 11-23-2022, 05:49 PM   #14
Nsomniak6

I created them with either the "anthology" option in FFF or Epubmerge plugin but they were separate books from the same series and I was able to keep updating them so probably FFF. I was playing around with one of them and found that I could open it as a mobi but not an epub. I still don't understand why that is though.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:49 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
I created them with either the "anthology" option in FFF or Epubmerge plugin but they were separate books from the same series and I was able to keep updating them so probably FFF. I was playing around with one of them and found that I could open it as a mobi but not an epub. I still don't understand why that is though.
Open it as MOBI with what?

If a dedicated MOBI reader, like the old MobiPocket reader then that would suggest it's a 'real' MOBI, that has somehow acquired '.EPUB' at the end of it's file name.

Can FFF create 'anthologies' as .MOBI's?

BR