Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-16-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Question Uploading files/folder Dropbox Sync

I have a Kindle PW5 with KOreader and I'm trying to figure out how I can upload my highlights file to Dropbox again.

I've already set up the Dropbox sync.

Currently, I have two folders where files are downloaded from DB. One downloads any new books. The other folder should upload the highlights from any given book I've exported.

Does anyone know how to get this up and running? A user seems to have figured out how to sync folders.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Sync is one way only (download).
You can upload to Dropbox manually.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2022, 06:16 AM   #3
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you say "manually " upload you mean from the device? If so how does that work.

I know I can attach the USB cable and then pull it off there and upload it onto Dropbox.
Old 11-18-2022, 09:38 AM   #4
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, from the device.
Open your Dropbox cloud storage and press "+" sign in the upper left corner.
Old 11-18-2022, 02:10 PM   #5
readandread
Zealot

Mhh....Then I'm not seeing where you can specify which local Kindle folder or files get uploaded to Dropbox in this menu.

I have two separate local folders on my kindle that are listed with Dropbox:

Books (for downloading only)
where files go from Dropbox --> Kindle (that works perfectly)

Highlights (for uploading only, but I have not found a way to do that & to push files to Dropbox)
where files should go from Kindle --> Dropbox (if that's possible)

I can specify Dropbox and the local folder in the cloud storage settings, but not which direction the files should go. The default (and only) option seems to be download and nothing else.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited by readandread; 11-18-2022 at 02:20 PM.
Advert
Old 11-18-2022, 02:23 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard

You are again talking about sync. Sync cannot upload files to Dropbox.

Manually: open your Dropbox storage and press + in the upper left corner.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #7
readandread
Zealot

Maybe I'm on the wrong screen...Here's a screencast of where I am. If I click on the + sign it creates/ask for a new folder on Dropbox.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #8
hius07
Wizard

In the very beginning, do not hold (long-press) the Dropbox storage, just tap it
Old 11-18-2022, 03:35 PM   #9
readandread
Zealot

Now, I got, thanks! Wow, some things aren't very intuitive in KOReader due to all those features �� Uploading works.

However, when selecting Dropbox it always defaults to the root of Dropbox and not the saved Dropbox. This leads one to always have to go through your whole Dropbox to find that one folder you want to upload that file to. Is that normal or a bug?

Tags
dropbox, sync