Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2022, 02:23 PM   #2146
BaptisteB [FR]
BaptisteB [FR] began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD N437
Hello, excuse my english first...

i get back a Kobo Glo HD N437 from my parents.
Actually it's not working. There is no sd card inside and the mini usb port is a little tricky. There is a red light on the top of the device. It dissapear sometimes when i move the cable..
I will soon change it with a new one.

I read here that it's possible to insert a new sd card inside the kobo and restore it with an image. I read the thread and i'm able to follow the steps. Could you please send me a link to a backup image.

Thank's a lot,
BaptisteB [FR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:12 AM   #2147
Banana23
Banana23 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hb
My glo hd keeps on crashing, wathever i try. so i would like to try to retore the sd card with a fresh image.

Can i get a image for the glo hd somewhere?

thanx in advance!!
Banana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #2148
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana23 View Post
My glo hd keeps on crashing, wathever i try. so i would like to try to retore the sd card with a fresh image.

Can i get a image for the glo hd somewhere?

thanx in advance!!
You need to have Private Messages enabled. The quickest way is likely to post a request for this in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread.

And please note the thread you posted in is intended for requests for the Kobo Glo. The Kobo Glo HD has it's own thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:26 PM   #2149
Banana23
Banana23 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And please note the thread you posted in is intended for requests for the Kobo Glo. The Kobo Glo HD has it's own thread.
Thanx DNSB, i also posted in the Glo Hd thread, i understood it was the same image.

Quiet desperate here. Wanne get the ereader back to work!

I'll get the pm working.

Thanx for the help!
Banana23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 04:15 PM   #2150
angelbana89
angelbana89 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
Red face hello

hello everyone, i had a problem with my kobo glo n613, after connecting it to the pc and inserting a new ebook, i disconnected it and it started to format by itself. After a while it got stuck on the white screen and the green light was flashing. This morning I contacted kobo support, together we managed to restore the system, but now I can't install the setups from a pc (because kobo doesn't detect my pc) and with wifi because despite connecting after a while it says there is it's a network problem (of course there isn't) . I have read on this forum of people who have disassembled and pulled out the sd to change the .img of the same, I wanted to try but I can't find an .img anywhere, can someone help me? Sorry for my poor English, I hope I explained myself well
angelbana89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:37 PM   #2151
cnpj
cnpj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello

Hi.

My Kobo Glo also seems bricked. Could someone provide the image, please?
cnpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #2152
pippopd
pippopd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
PM sent
hello, can you send it to me too? (Kobo Glo)
thanks
pippopd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:03 PM   #2153
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnpj View Post
Hi.

My Kobo Glo also seems bricked. Could someone provide the image, please?
You are going to need Private Messages enabled. Easiest way is to post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread. Either PM me or repost in this forum once PMs are enabled.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:04 PM   #2154
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@pippopd

PM sent
Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM   #2155
angelbana89
angelbana89 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo N613
hello everyone, I have a problem with my kobo glo n613, after several attempts I managed to write a new .img on a larger sd card but once inserted into my kobo it won't turn on.
so I tried to remove the micro sd from the reader again, I deleted the .img that I had written previously with the intention of repeating the steps, but now the program freezes and tells me that there is a problem with the writing.
I don't know where to hit my head anymore, the new sd is 16gb so it's not a space problem. could it be the .img that is somehow broken and therefore not working properly?
Thanks to those who will help me.
angelbana89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #2156
floohh
floohh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi I am also looking for the Image for Kobo Glo HD, could you please PM me.
floohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:25 AM   #2157
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by floohh View Post
Hi I am also looking for the Image for Kobo Glo HD, could you please PM me.
PM already sent in response to your post in another thread. Thanks for finding the correct thread!