Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #16
monophoto
Enthusiast
monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monophoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Amazon Fire HD8 (2020)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.ramaj View Post
You can set a baseline brightness. Just manually adjust the brightness in different lighting conditions. The device will remember the setting and will use it in similar lighting conditions. This is the first thing a do on all of my devices when I first get them. I set the max brightness that I want in sunlight/really bright room, brightness for a normally lit room in my home and brightness in a dark room. Once I do that the device does a great job of regulating the brightness within the levels I set. The Kindle operates the same way. I've never had to manually adjust my brightness after the initial setup. If it's left on the default settings then yeah I agree. The brightest is too bright and the lowest is too dim and the in between is hit or miss
Thanks for your clear explanation. I was not aware that it was possible to calibrate the autobrightness setting. I have that feature on my Fire Tablet and had turned it off because it was not working for me, but based on your comments, I will give it another try.

This underscores a recurring issue - the design of these devices is actually quite clever, but the documentation that accompanies them is minimal to non-existent, and users are basically left to hack their way through various setting options, many of which are hidden behind obscure names that don't convey what they actually do. Shame on the designers and manufacturers for doing such a lousy job of explaining how to use their products.
monophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:21 AM   #17
r3turn3r
r3turn3r began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thankfully, I managed to get the coveted Libra 2. I was thiiiiis close to buying a Kindle, but my prayers were answered.
r3turn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:53 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3turn3r View Post
Thankfully, I managed to get the coveted Libra 2. I was thiiiiis close to buying a Kindle, but my prayers were answered.
Well done!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote