Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #121
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Can I just install it over the top of the earlier version I have (which works fine on my firmware) ?
Yes. Should work fine. Just be aware that if you are running 0.2.0 or earlier, the settings file will change.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:33 AM   #122
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Yes. Should work fine. Just be aware that if you are running 0.2.0 or earlier, the settings file will change.
Thank you Sherman

I think the original one is the bees' knees, but will update to the latest just for completeness.

Edit: And that's version 3 installed and working just the same

Last edited by Ned; 11-02-2022 at 05:00 AM.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 01:57 PM   #123
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Tranks for this awesome clock!
Is it possible to add, show the ligth%, same as the batterie%, side by side?

Gesendet von meinem SM-X800 mit Tapatalk
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 04:22 AM   #124
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
Tranks for this awesome clock!
Is it possible to add, show the ligth%, same as the batterie%, side by side?

Gesendet von meinem SM-X800 mit Tapatalk
It might be possible.

It might be a while before I get around to looking at this request though.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:27 PM   #125
Jwt0001
Jwt0001 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I wanted to pass along my quick thanks for this! It was one of my major pet peeves about Kobo devices. My only issue related to getting the software onto my device. I use a Mac and it seemed that the Mac Archive Utility would unarchive the .tgz file! I finally was able to get it correct by using a third-party archive app. I'm sure there was a way to avoid this, but I can't find any details to assist.
Anyway, it is working perfectly! One less reason to use my Kindle! Now if we could just be able to disable the touchscreen for devices with buttons, I would be home free.
Jwt0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:48 PM   #126
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwt0001 View Post
I wanted to pass along my quick thanks for this! It was one of my major pet peeves about Kobo devices. My only issue related to getting the software onto my device. I use a Mac and it seemed that the Mac Archive Utility would unarchive the .tgz file! I finally was able to get it correct by using a third-party archive app. I'm sure there was a way to avoid this, but I can't find any details to assist.
Anyway, it is working perfectly! One less reason to use my Kindle! Now if we could just be able to disable the touchscreen for devices with buttons, I would be home free.
You need to tell Mac not automatically to unarchive stuff
Open Safari.
Click Preferences.
Under the General tab, uncheck the option Open “safe” files after downloading.

And if you disable the touchscreen, then you won't be able to tap on books to open them, as there is no Enter key
Old 01-29-2023, 02:11 PM   #127
Jwt0001
Jwt0001 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post

And if you disable the touchscreen, then you won't be able to tap on books to open them, as there is no Enter key
On the Kindle, once you start reading a book, you can shut off the touchscreen so that you don't accidentally change pages. To shut it off you have to turn the device off and back on. I agree that it is of no value for the main device, but I found it useful in bed where as I fall asleep I sometimes drop the device and lose my place.

Thanks for the details about the other!
Jwt0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:20 PM   #128
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwt0001 View Post
On the Kindle, once you start reading a book, you can shut off the touchscreen so that you don't accidentally change pages. To shut it off you have to turn the device off and back on. I agree that it is of no value for the main device, but I found it useful in bed where as I fall asleep I sometimes drop the device and lose my place.

Thanks for the details about the other!
Ah, I see.
I hold my Libra 2 in one hand to read, with thumb lightly resting on the forward button so a squeeze turns the page.
My fingers are nowhere near the screen, so there is no danger of touching it, and I have even been known to fall asleep and let the device fall to the bed/floor without losing my page.
So it may be down to how you are holding it.

Edit: just realised, shutting off the touchscreen would mean disabling the dictionary lookup too. Not a good idea unless you already know all the words

Last edited by Ned; 01-30-2023 at 04:56 AM.
Old 01-30-2023, 11:46 AM   #129
kravic74
kravic74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi,
thank you very much for the pleasure in changing the way I read for the better

I use standard patches and
1) nickelclock v.0.3
2) KoboCloud

I change the settings in the file
.adds/nickelclock/settings.ini

[General]
Margin=20

[Battery]
BatteryType=Level
Enabled=false
Placement=Header
Position=Right
LevelTemplate=%1%

[Clock]
Enabled=true
Placement=Header
Position=Left

saves the file, then I guess I have to restart kobo and suddenly I have Auto and Right settings again

i have blocked a copy of koreader dropbox

what am i doing wrong?
kravic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:54 PM   #130
storybox
storybox began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravic74 View Post
Hi,
thank you very much for the pleasure in changing the way I read for the better

I use standard patches and
1) nickelclock v.0.3
2) KoboCloud

I change the settings in the file
.adds/nickelclock/settings.ini

[General]
Margin=20

[Battery]
BatteryType=Level
Enabled=false
Placement=Header
Position=Right
LevelTemplate=%1%

[Clock]
Enabled=true
Placement=Header
Position=Left

saves the file, then I guess I have to restart kobo and suddenly I have Auto and Right settings again

i have blocked a copy of koreader dropbox

what am i doing wrong?
Same here.
The settings file reverts back to default after I disconnect my Libra 2 from my PC.
storybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #131
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

I have two questions about possible edits to this wonderful tweak.

First, the excessively long chapter title rams into the clock on the left. Would it be possible to add a space beside the clock (to the left if it is on the right, and vice versa)?

Second, the "1/12" chapter length display is lost. I don't know if that can be separated from the chapter title and forced to display "over" the chapter title?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 08:48 PM   #132
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post

First, the excessively long chapter title rams into the clock on the left. Would it be possible to add a space beside the clock (to the left if it is on the right, and vice versa)?

Second, the "1/12" chapter length display is lost. I don't know if that can be separated from the chapter title and forced to display "over" the chapter title?
I might be able to do something about the former (it annoys me too!), but I don't think I can do anything with the latter request.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:45 AM   #133
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post

The solution is to rename the chapter name to Chapter 1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:03 PM   #134
sherman
Guru

Spacing Test

Ok, it turns out adding some spacing between chapter tile and clock/battery was trivial. Here's a test to make sure I've got the spacing about correct.

The spacing is currently set to approximately 1.5% of the screen width. If there is consensus that it needs to be smaller or larger, I will change it before a proper release. I will NOT make it configurable.

Unzip the attached file, place the KoboRoot.tgz file in the .kobo directory, disconnect from USB, and your kobo should restart.

EDIT: v0.3.1 has been released with this change. Test version removed.

Last edited by sherman; 07-15-2023 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Remove test version since v0.3.1 released
Old 07-13-2023, 01:56 AM   #135
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Just tested it out and it works well. Thank you, sherman!
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote