Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
No Name Chinese BK-6006 Eink Reader

Anyone familiar with this 6" 167 DPI ebook reader. Available on Ebay with 4 to 16GB memory plus a slot for a up to 32 GB Micro SD card per listings. Music capability via MP3 and WAV files and built-in FM radio as well as handling photos. I note resolution is the same as the Kindle Basic. Any members have it and if so how is it?
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are the claimed specifications for the BK-6006. Note that there is no mention of screen illumination. It does claim to support 29 languages and does list a wide range of supposedly supported file formats, not MOBI though. Depending on the seller it costs very similarly to the Kindle Basic, in some cases more. There seem to be three of these no name Chinese readers, all with 800 x 600 screen resolution claimed and slots for a SD memory expansion card. Model numbers I have found are the BK-6006, BK-6025 and BK-4304. The last one is listed as having a 4.3" screen, too small to be very practical I suspect.

Specification:

Screen Size: 6 inch
Color: Black, Gray
Display effect: Black and white, resolution 800x600, 16 gray scale, 167dpi
CPU processor: E200
Cache: 256M
External release: Support
Built-in storage: 4G/8G/16G
Extended storage: TF card (up to 32GB)
Main function Reading function
Text format TXT, HTML, PDF, DPUB, DJVU, EPUB, TIFF, RTF, CBZ, CB, etc.
Audio playback MP3, WAV. and other formats.
Picture JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
Refresh mode: A2 / full brush
Multi-language: Support
File Directory: Technology
File Encryption: Select Support
Firmware upgrade: Support (font scaling, font conversion, bookmarks, jump page flipping, reading aloud --- evaluation customization)
FM radio function, recording function.
Common tools used in the system: Clock, dictionary dictionary, calendar, calculator, comics.
Interface: Micro USB2.0,
Audio interface: 3.5mm headphones
Battery life 1400mAh polymer battery, about 7500 pages turning time, standby for one month.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is a wiki page for earlier models BK6000. It covers the 6001 and 6002. I will add the 6006 from this thread.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Thanks Dale. I have been silly enough to order the 16 GB one, expected next week, so will be writing up and posting my impressions of it. With no screen light and 167 PPI screen resolution it seems like quite old technology. I will probably try to compare it with the Kindle NT as most directly comparable seeing as how it has so many switches. Unclear to me if it has a touch screen as ebay descriptions leave a lot to be desired sometimes. Main features I see so far that I like are page turn buttons and the SD card memory slot though not sure how necessary for book files with 16GB of main memory. May be advantageous for music files.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'd be surprised if it has touch or front light.
The description reads like old stock. It's more expensive than a Kindle Basic, if shipped to Ireland:
About €64 (inc free shipping) for cheapest 4G (SD slot). Add then 23% plus €6 handling because it's outside the EU and over €22 / €26 in total cost inc shipping.

Unless the built in FM Radio and MP3 player is wanted a Kindle Basic is maybe cheaper (with ads though). If someone reads a lot they may find the Kobo Libra which was slightly cheaper than the PW4 without adverts on Amazon last week (here in Ireland).

Obviously in other countries you'll have different prices and taxes.

I'd be interested to know how good the GUI for mp3s is. The Kindle DXG and Kindle Keyboard have a useless GUI for them and lack of a card slot means little space for them.
Though my 6" phone has a good MP3 player, FM Radio and cost €99 locally, no contract.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:23 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It doesn't have touch. I've seen a video on YouTube where there is a question as to what the device actually is.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #7
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Quoth;

More expensive than the Kindle basic for me too as I got mine during a Amazon USA sale. I doubt if old stock as too many being offered by multiple ebay and Amazon sellers from China. Definitely old technology though.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #8
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It depends on the firmware. It looks like a very popular OEM model from 2012.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #9
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

The BK-6006 I ordered on the 10th finally arrived at the LA post office today, 4/21. This is 11 days after being ordered from a seller who claimed that the item was in the USA, a lie I suspect. This will be reflected in my ebay review. Now expected to be delivered on Friday.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #10
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

Unit still has not arrived. Ordered from a seller who claimed to have the unit available in the USA but it took over 10 days from the listing on ebay of the tracking number until the reader was received by the USPS. When it arrived in Reno it was incorrectly sorted so was sent out on the incorrect route. The dumb ass delivery person marked it as "insufficient address" so the post office returned it to the seller. I am pretty good friends with my delivery person and he guarantees me that he never saw the package and even if the address was poor or incomplete he would have recognized my name. I am now waiting for it to be sent again. The whole thing has been a comedy of errors from my point of view. If it ever arrives I will report my impressions.