Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #106
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
...Thanks for your thoughts on this issue.

Unfortunately, if you started browsing for a 'Don Browles" book, you wouldn't find one by me. . (I suppose I can always change my last name to 'Browles.')
Y'know...I have to say, for whatever it's worth, if you have a subscription to Midjourney, (or even a few of the others, but for my $$$, Midjourney is the Google of its niche), we've made some BANGING images for covers. I mean, targeted stuff that we could never have done, scrounging around for the perfect images from stock places, even those that are not cheap, like um...(thinking, taking some meds that make my brain not so hot), Alamy, Getty, Masterfile (yowchy), etc.

We just finished a, if I do say so myself, GORGEOUS Christian cover--a person's arms/hands, chained, with a Dove of Peace coming in for a landing--the client could not be more thrilled. The tries we made at mooshing together stock..oy vey.

So...it's something to consider. NO, the images (alone) cannot be copyrighted, by you, TO you. But the finished cover can. And realistically, how many folks will come along and steal your image?

And if they do--what's the real difference between them doing that or seeing your Pexels or DepositPhotos or Unsplash,etc. image, on a cover and getting it for themselves and using it?

I'm just saying, we have customers that are over the moon, about their very "perfect" imagery, made using AI. No, the entire cover is NOT made--it's the image and then you have to make the rest, text, yadda, but...it's a huge leg up.

Offered FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 06:59 PM   #107
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
...Thanks for your thoughts on this issue.

Unfortunately, if you started browsing for a 'Don Browles" book, you wouldn't find one by me. . (I suppose I can always change my last name to 'Browles.')
Sorry Don, I guessed what I had seen a bunch of posts back.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 08:43 AM   #108
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sorry Don, I guessed what I had seen a bunch of posts back.
Oh, no problem. But I did get a good laugh (if you don't mind).
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 02:46 PM   #109
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Y'know, I have one right now, I think I mentioned this--it's smokin' in color and it's not so great in eInk. Changing the things that would make it "better" in eInk would reduce some of the impact in color. I am going to bet real money that the publisher will choose to stick with the more emphatic cover.

We'll see!

Hitch
I'd go with the smokin' color if I were the publisher, because I rarely SHOP on e-ink. I shop on my PC, my iPad, my phone ... and about the only time I buy a book direct from my Kobo or Kindle is when I've finished a book in a series and am just dying to read the next. Even then, I'm still more likely to do it from the PC. Unless it's late night and I just gotta read. Which is rare, I value my sleep.

Plus, a lot of folks do read on phones or tablets. Not me, personally, but enough that I think it's better to retain max "curb appeal" if trying to sell something.

Back in the day where I sold off my used reads and/or "finds" on eBay, the reason I actually GOT book sales, was that I put up nice images.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote