Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #16
kibosh
kibosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch
Ordered my Kindle Touch on Monday and received it today here in Canada . . . very sweet! Super fast, and I didn't even pay for the expensive shipping!
kibosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Its available in Australia now.
I see it is up for pre-orer at Dick Smith. $185 for the Touch Wifi, ships March 3rd, or $249 for the Touch 3G+Wifi, ships March 31.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #18
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
DSE in NZ are taking orders for delivery in March - $249 and that is just for the Wifi model

Bloody robbers!!!
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #19
kevnshell
kevnshell began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I see it is up for pre-orer at Dick Smith. $185 for the Touch Wifi, ships March 3rd, or $249 for the Touch 3G+Wifi, ships March 31.
Great, I can wait a bit. No sale til April, but that's OK with me.
kevnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The touch is nice but it does take a little getting used to. It is available to Australia direct from amazon, why are you waiting for dse?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
DSE in NZ are taking orders for delivery in March - $249 and that is just for the Wifi model

Bloody robbers!!!
Why don't you order it direct from Amazon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #22
kevnshell

I don't know what dse means and I can't order it direct from amazon, can I?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevnshell View Post
I don't know what dse means and I can't order it direct from amazon, can I?
According to "Amazon.com" the Kindle Touch can be shipped to Australia. What prevents you from ordering it?

Last edited by HarryT; 02-12-2012 at 08:37 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #24
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why don't you order it direct from Amazon?

I did, via a friend in California, prior to Amazon's recent announcement

I was just pointing out to any fellow New Zealand readers, that it will soon be available here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevnshell
I don't know what dse means.....
DSE = Dick Smith Electronics

Last edited by Zippity; 02-12-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
kevnshell

I am waiting for kindle touch 3G in Australia. I move around so need 3G as I don't run an iphone.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #26
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You cannot use the 3G to surf the web anymore. The browser only works with the WiFi. The 3G allows you access to Amazon's bookstore where ever there is 3G coverage.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I have my Kindle touch ordered through Amazon. It came to a total of $150 vs $185 which they are asking for in the shops.

Not sure if I like the touch screen though. I miss the side buttons and had to search on the web how to undo the text font size when I accidentally made it shouty large. I still have my keyboard K3 and my K4 non touch screen (ordered in error but loved too much to return). Who needs three kindles? Me, obviously
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #28
hermes
non-techy
hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!hermes is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Location: wherever I can afford to get laid and eat vegetarian
Device: Sony pocket edition and Kobo touch both died - looking at Kindles
To me 'available internationally' doesn't mean a lot. What would mean a lot is if I can walk into a retailer or two's shops in a broad selection of nations, pick it up off the shelf, pay cash, buy a gift card (prepaid) that works anywhere in the world and use it anonymously.

So far, in Canada at least, it appears to be tied to individual markets of various nation-states. I just asked today if I could buy an Amazon gift card. The salesman at a Staples office supplies store in BC advised me that such was the plan but those cards were cancelled at the last minute. I asked him if I could buy a Kindle in Canada, and have a friend in USA ship me a gift card here for use here and elsewhere. He said that would work. It appears that billing and markets are not a matter of citizenship, residency, domicility or even use but only where the device is registered (rather like ships with flags from Liberia eh?) or is it from whence the payment method (gift card, credit card etc) is based. i am confused. I am just trying to work around restrictions so I can buy anywhere and use anywhere. Both confidentially.
hermes is offline   Reply With Quote