Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
ohnodapopo
ohnodapopo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
International Travel with the Touch 3g

I am about to purchase the kindle touch for entertainment during a 2 month jaunt in SE Asia. I would like to be able to use the 3g to read gmail and news while I am traveling (won't always have wifi available). I know amazon has intentionally disabled using the browser on 3g, but I would be willing to jailbreak etc. I just cant find any information about this using google. The question is: Can I somehow get the touch 3g to access gmail while I am traveling abroad?

(I know the kindle keyboard can do it, but I'd much prefer the touch screen).

Here is the amazon press release:
We apologize for the confusion. Our new Kindle Touch 3G enables you to connect to the Kindle Store, download books and periodicals, and access Wikipedia – all over 3G or Wi-Fi. Experimental web browsing (outside of Wikipedia) on Kindle Touch 3G is only available over Wi-Fi.
Our Kindle Keyboard 3G will continue to offer experimental web browsing over 3G or Wi-Fi.
ohnodapopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit MobileRead to be used to discuss criminal acts such as theft of 3G service. Please bear this in mind in your future postings.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
international, touch