Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #1
online.person
online.person began at the beginning.

Device: none
Split Library

I have one library that contains all my book. I want to split that library for two purposes:

1. To have separate library for reports etc which are in same library currently. I have market their authors as "Reports" earlier.

2. To move old books to my external hard disk where I plan to create a separate library.

Thanx in advance.
online.person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The Calibre 0.7.10 release has made switching between libraries relatively painless (by clicking on the Library icon in the Toolbar).

To get started simply copy the whole of the Calibre Library folder to where you want the new library. After that you can then point Calibre at a particular instance and manipulate it via Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert