Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #2251
dickens61
dickens61 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 intl
change to my own fonts

Hi,

Your instructions were great for the jailbreak and font hack! I was very nervous about trying this, but it worked the first time. To confirm how to change to my own fonts. If I want to change only the font used by the reader do I just rename mine to the serif_*.ttf series like in the fontsfile/fonts folder? If I understood the post, you have to use the same file names as the ones in the linkfont/fonts folder regardless of the font you are replacing it with.

I'd like to try the calibri set.

Thanks
dickens61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #2252
VelocityGirl
VelocityGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.3
Hi there,

I've successfully updated my Kindle 3 to the latest firmware (3.3), jailbroken via the instructions on the wiki, but I cannot install the screensaver hack, as the install fails with a U007 error. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
VG
VelocityGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #2253
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@VelocityGirl: The JB is not/badly installed/you have multiple jailbreaks installed.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 AM   #2254
VelocityGirl

I've only installed the jailbreak once, yesterday. It seemed to proceed without incident (e.g. the update completed successfully, without error.)

I installed with

update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w-3.2.1_install.bin

I just now attempted to uninstall with

update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_uninstall.bin

as there wasn't a 3.2.1_uninstall.bin file, but this too ended in failure with the U007 error. Any suggestions?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #2255
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityGirl View Post
I've only installed the jailbreak once, yesterday. It seemed to proceed without incident (e.g. the update completed successfully, without error.)

I installed with

update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w-3.2.1_install.bin

I just now attempted to uninstall with

update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_uninstall.bin

as there wasn't a 3.2.1_uninstall.bin file, but this too ended in failure with the U007 error. Any suggestions?
Just to be certain: k3g means K3 3G (US [B006]), k3w means K3 WiFi [B008] and k3gb means K3 3G (UK [B00A]
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #2256
VelocityGirl

Yeah, I've got the Wi-Fi model. Like I said, the initial jailbreak seemed to go fine.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #2257
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch
Reset kindle...update is permanently greyed out.

I factory reset my kindle today and started to reinstall the things I had put on. However, when I place the jailbreak file in the root, it updates and I get a failed, U004 error. What is this, I used the correct file - k3g. I do not understand
sean.fosterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #2258
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@sean.fosterbrown: Wrong install file, use the -3.2.1 jb.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #2259
Method
Method began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello chaps, bit having some difficulty here:

So I have the Kindle 3 WiFi device, updated to version 3.3 (611680021), and I want to install the custom screens. So, I download the kindle-jailbreak-0.10.N.zip, put the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3w_install.bin in the root of the Kindle (F: ), ejected the device, Update Kindle, and it goes 'Update was not successful, restarting...'

Heh. Anyone want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #2260
James D
James D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi

I have Kindle 3.3 3G.

Should I use 3.2.1 update file or just 3???
James D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 AM   #2261
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Method/@James D: 3.3 >= 3.2.1. Use the -3.2.1 jb install.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #2262
pablitosocool
pablitosocool began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
problem

I installed the hack correctly for the screen saver but the images wont show on it.. only the image the hack came with. :/
pablitosocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #2263
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
If I delete the backups/ folder from within linkss/, will the uninstaller still work OK? I don't need the backups any more.

EDIT: also pablitosocool, have you restarted your Kindle since adding new screensavers to the folder?
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #2264
jmesar
Enthusiast
jmesar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Math glyphs

What can I do to make calibre and Kindle understand Math glyphs from pdf as

jmesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #2265
GoatBoy
GoatBoy began at the beginning.

Device: KiNdLe 3 Keyboard Wi-Fi 3.3
Talking Couln't have been easier or simpler :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Method/@James D: 3.3 >= 3.2.1. Use the -3.2.1 jb install.

Thank you SO much for your childproof instructions! I only recieved my Kindle 3 Keyboard Wi-Fi 2 days ago, and with your simple to follow steps and links, In the space of 6 minutes, managed to Jailbreak it and install 46 of my own Screensavers, and it not only worked PERFECTLY, but looks tip-top too :-D thank you so much, you have made my life complete! Now, just got to get a GelSkinz cover for it and it'll be perfectomundo :-) Props 'n respect, Goatboy

Last edited by GoatBoy; 01-28-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: adding a smilley
GoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet