Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
The Law of Unintended Consequences - eBook Edition

I recently broke my left arm. As a result, reading large objects like magazines and hardcover books has been annoying. I've been reading a lot of eBooks on my PDA (Dell X51), which is small, light, easy to manipulate with one hand, and no strain on my broken arm. So ... Broken arm, more eBooks. Not to surprising.

I've been burning through a lot of eBooks. As a result, I've been a lot more open minded about reading material, especially free books in various genres. I've wound up going rather far outside my normal haunts. I'm still not too sure about my position on Regency romances, but I've sampled a large swath of the green and the brown of the eBook scene.

I'm not willing to say hitting the concrete that hard was a _good_ thing, but It certainly broadened my eBook reading.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hey Jack -- I'm of the opinion that every cloud has a silver lining. The freebies have introduced me to some authors I'd never have given a second look at. And while I've not enjoyed *all* of the freebies I've read, I certainly have enjoyed many. And then add in the very inexpensive books from independent authors and I've had a grand time reading on my Kindle and Sony readers over the past 18 months.

I hope you heal quickly -- but even after the arm is well, there's no reason to abandon electronic books. They may not totally replace paper books, but they're a great alternative, particularly for books I might want to keep. They certainly don't take up as much shelf space.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
i'm sorry for what happened to your arm.

but me, even with a perfectly healthy arm.. i still prefer eBooks. they are just convenient and comfortable for me really.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote