Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Angry last update

Hi
I just sync my device yesterday (I did not do it for a while...). I was obviously happy to see an update coming, which installed without any error, making then appear a bottom bar with page number, menus changing of design, and so on... much more modern than what I had previously... however, now 3 tries on 4 I cannot push the "adjust fonts" icon (it is considered just like I clicked on the icon just on left or right of the one I want... and when I finally succeed, I cannot change the alignment of the text, nor line spacings : I can push the button, however nothing happens. It's like the update I had does not concerns the GLO HD.

I already rebooted a few times, nothing changes...

Did you have this issue also ?
Thanks for any advice or help.

Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 06-10-2020 at 06:03 PM.
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #2
nicopilami
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopilami View Post
Hi
I just sync my device yesterday (I did not do it for a while...). I was obviously happy to see an update coming, which installed without any error, making then appear a bottom bar with page number, menus changing of design, and so on... much more modern than what I had previously... however, now 3 tries on 4 I cannot push the "adjust fonts" icon (it is considered just like I clicked on the icon just on left or right of the one I want... and when I finally succeed, I cannot change the alignment of the text, nor line spacings : I can push the button, however nothing happens. It's like the update I had does not concerns the GLO HD.

I already rebooted a few times, nothing changes...

Did you have this issue also ?
Thanks for any advice or help.

Nico
I solved my issue myself by a quick & dirty solution : rollback
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Advert
Old 06-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
nicopilami
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicopilami View Post
I solved my issue myself by a quick & dirty solution : rollback
https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
edit : issue is not solved...still cannot click on Aa icon...
Old 06-12-2020, 08:29 PM   #4
calvados.boulard
calvados.boulard began at the beginning.

Curious I updated a few days ago on my GloHD, and all is well. What version are you on? I'm on 4.21.15015 listed as 5/13/20

Thanks,
Cal.
calvados.boulard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 06:16 AM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
This sounds more like a hardware related problem than software. As you describe the issue it appears that the touchscreen is not properly registering your touches.

Give your screen a clean and in particular the side and top edges to dislodge any dirt that is interfering with the infra-red sources and detectors located in the scrren edges.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert