Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Yet more file formats ....

I am not very, well, technically adept .... but this is getting silly, and wearisome ....

3 of my latest Kindle purchases, when accessed via "Add Books" and in my "Kindle Content" folder, now give me 4 file types/versions per book - Kindle Content, APNX,MBP, and PHL, with a few LPR files as well.
All "arrive" on the same date.
And the previous books have extra file type versions as well.

Why is this occurring ? The list is getting unmanageable!

Life used to be so simple, one BOK reference and a date of purchase, now this is just a real hassle.
Now, I know I must have done something wrong, but have not a clue what .............
Any help appreciated .
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Explains it pretty clearly: http://ebookconverter.blogspot.com/2...-mbp-apnx.html
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thank you Robin, as you say, very clear - what joy.

Hooray ............ I can take the "Delete" scythe to anything that doesn't say "Kindle Content" .............

I look forward to a most enjoyable session tomorrow morning
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote