Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2016, 08:28 AM   #316
janvm
janvm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
I think it is related to the options you have set in the config file.
I presume the option for ebooks only is selected (is on).
The book you mentioned has no ebook version at bol.com.
So it is not found
The ISBN number 9789491411281 is not an ebook but a paper version.
(With an ISBN number there is no check of ebooks).

When using a windows platform, the option to retrieve rejected titles resturns the paper version as an alternative.
On the Mac the option for rejected titles doesn not work, therefore you get no results.

Let me know if I am wrong.
thanks for taking a look, the current e-book-setting is not selected (btw, I'm on windows). As the log info from my original post included "KeyError: u'search for ebooks only'" you're probably right. I'm not aware I changed this option, sorry for the inconvenience...

I just retried the retrieval of info after deleting the ISBN number, and it fetched the info! I'm happy, thank you!

Succesfully retrieved two other books without ISBN

Last edited by janvm; 09-23-2016 at 09:05 AM.
janvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:51 AM   #317
bjrch
bjrch began at the beginning.

Device: SOny PRS-2
Hello,

I have reinstalled my pPC and for one and the other reason the bol.com plugin doesn't work anymore with Calibre. I get the error message below. Any suggestions to resolve?

****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.519000053406
Plugin BOL_NL failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 46, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 260, in identify
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 167, in create_query
File "urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "urllib2.py", line 431, in open
File "urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
File "urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
File "urllib2.py", line 1240, in https_open
File "urllib2.py", line 1197, in do_open
URLError:

************************************************** ******************************
bjrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2016, 04:41 AM   #318
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrch View Post
I have reinstalled my pPC and for one and the other reason the bol.com plugin doesn't work anymore with Calibre. I get the error message below. Any suggestions to resolve?

Can you give an example of a book that produces this error?
Is your search ISBN-baed or only title and author?
In the config file: only ebooks checked?
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:09 AM   #319
bjrch

Quote:
Can you give an example of a book that produces this error?
Is your search ISBN-baed or only title and author?
In the config file: only ebooks checked?
It is with every book, searched on. It does not make a difference when I have only a title/author or also the ISBN number. The annoying thing is that when I try the same book on another PC it works without an issue.

An example:

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'title': u'Nigeriaanse Toestanden', u'authors': [u'Gerbert van der Aa'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9789046807576', u'kobo': u'nigeriaanse-toestanden'}, u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: BOL_NL, Google, Amazon.com
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_NL ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.569999933243
Plugin BOL_NL failed
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 46, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 260, in identify
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 167, in create_query
File "urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
File "urllib2.py", line 431, in open
File "urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
File "urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
URLError:

************************************************** ******************************

Last edited by bjrch; 10-04-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #320
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrch View Post
It is with every book, searched on. It does not make a difference when I have only a title/author or also the ISBN number. The annoying thing is that when I try the same book on another PC it works without an issue.

URLError:

I am missing the text after URLerror:.
If the plugin does work on another computer, the config of your computer can be an issue and not the plugin.
Just quessing it could be related to certificates, but the text of the urlerror can give an indication.
Advert
Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 AM   #321
bjrch

Quote:
I am missing the text after URLerror:.
If the plugin does work on another computer, the config of your computer can be an issue and not the plugin.
Just quessing it could be related to certificates, but the text of the urlerror can give an indication.
Unfortunately the URLerror is not given, hence my question for support. Any ideas or suggestions?

Removing, reinstalling Calibre, etc is not resolving the issue

After some experimenting I get the following URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

Update:
Hmm adding the bol.com certificate to my trusted certificates resolves the issue, not sure this is the best way....

Last edited by bjrch; 10-05-2016 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:57 AM   #322
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

If it works don't fix it ;-)
About certificates this is a post from an early date.

Quote:
According to the log the problem is related to (missing) (root-)certificates on your computer.
As I mentioned earlier I am not familiar with that kind of issues, but if you google you get a lot of hits( osX , windows and Linux, also depending on the python version that is running).
You can also take a look in this thread at number 257 and before that one.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #323
janvm

alternative titles dialog window

BOL_NL first looks for a match on the isbn-number, ttherwise it takes the author's name and the exact booktitle.

If there is no match by ISBN or author+exact booktitle, the plugin shows rejected titles to the user to select alternative title.

However, when fetching multiple titles, it is not clear which title is being processed at the time the dialog window presents alternative titles.

Is it possible to show the author/title info, eg. in the title bar of the dialog window?

TIA for your reply
Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #324
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvm View Post
BOL_NL first looks for a match on the isbn-number, ttherwise it takes the author's name and the exact booktitle.

If there is no match by ISBN or author+exact booktitle, the plugin shows rejected titles to the user to select alternative title.

However, when fetching multiple titles, it is not clear which title is being processed at the time the dialog window presents alternative titles.

Is it possible to show the author/title info, eg. in the title bar of the dialog window?

TIA for your reply
Hey,
I did misread your post, thinking you mentioned the titlebar of calibre.
Now I understand you are asking to set the author/title info in the dialog window.
That can be done I think, I will look at it.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 10-24-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #325
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

With version 3.8.12 the dialog for rejected titles is extended with the title and (first) author, to inform you which search returned no exact match.
This dialog cannot be used in a osX environment.

Updated version available at the start of this thread;

grtz.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 PM   #326
janvm

Thank you, that's perfect, very helpful!
Old 01-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #327
Arthur62
Arthur62 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TRS-2
When using the BOL.COM plugin for Calibre (at a Mac) I'm getting the following error:

****************************** BOL_NL *************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.884443998337
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/versimpelen/9200000018536267/
Plugin BOL_NL failed
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 326, in identify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I just entered the ISBN number to retrieve the metadata. Apparently, the book (with the title "Versimpelen") is found, but Calibre is stating that no metadata has been found.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help on this.
Arthur62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #328
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur62 View Post
When using the BOL.COM plugin for Calibre (at a Mac) I'm getting the following error:

****************************** BOL_NL *************************

Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/versimpelen/9200000018536267/
Plugin BOL_NL failed
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 326, in identify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I just entered the ISBN number to retrieve the metadata. Apparently, the book (with the title "Versimpelen") is found, but Calibre is stating that no metadata has been found.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Yes it was a bug, the plugin presumes you have filled the name of the author.
Fix in v .0.3.8.13 available at the start of this thread and through the update notification in Calibre itself.

Thanks for notifying.

Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:09 AM   #329
Arthur62
Arthur62 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TRS-2
And thank you for the quick reaction. I've installed the new version and it works like a charm!
Arthur62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #330
giallo
giallo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Second Edition
When using plugin BOL_NL
setting "get 'catgories' as tag/label'" is ON but does not work.
Example isbn:9789024535767 as catgory 'Fantasy & Science>fiction Fantasy' no label is added

Version 3.18.3
giallo is offline   Reply With Quote