Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Smile My Favorite Sony

In less than 6 mos. I've purchased the 505, 700 & the 600. Now that I have all 3 at the ready, I have to say, after using them all, the one that I tend to "go to" most is the 700.

The 505 by far has the sharpest screen and I LOVE the dictionary support on the 600, which is why I bought it, but I read almost exclusively at night and that's where soft room lighting and the built in reading light makes the 700 my favorite.

At first I wasn't too thrilled about how the 700's side lights throw light onto the words. In portrait mode my eyes feel like they keep adjusting to light, dark then light again on each line, but in landscape mode it's perfect. I have also discovered that I prefer reading in landscape mode on all of my readers.

So, after all is said and done, if I could just have dictionary support on my 700 I would say for me and my reading style, it serves me perfectly.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
wouldn't it be nice if Sony could take all the great features of each and build the perfect reader
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
300com
Zealot
300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.300com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
wouldn't it be nice if Sony could take all the great features of each and build the perfect reader
It would be great but then you'd want perfect pdf support.
and then you'd want it to turn pages faster.
and then . . .
300com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300com View Post
It would be great but then you'd want perfect pdf support.
and then you'd want it to turn pages faster.
and then . . .
I'd stop at pdf support plus exporting highlighted text
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
But if SONY built the "perfect" reader, then no one would have the need to upgrade to "the latest & greatest" widget.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
But if SONY built the "perfect" reader, then no one would have the need to upgrade to "the latest & greatest" widget.
No problem
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:13 AM   #7
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
I was actually thinking of getting a 2nd 700 before it becomes unavailable since they seem to be going away from lights.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
I was actually thinking of getting a 2nd 700 before it becomes unavailable since they seem to be going away from lights.
I've thought the same thing, but am hoping that by the time mine wears out or breaks, either Sony will have come out with an updated 700 or another company will have answered our prayers for the perfect ereader.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
I just had my 700 repaired...and they sent a new 600. I haven't tried it yet,I am pretty sure I will like most of the new features,I do know I will miss the backlight.Be interesting to compare it to the 505. I am thinking if I do keep the 600,maybe I'll try to buy a 700 second hand-and have the broken 505 I'm having repaired as a "lender" reader,so that I can share books with friends/family (the seemingly few LOL)
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote