Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #46
tuningrm
tuningrm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you, davidfor, you are a great person.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:02 AM   #47
tuningrm
tuningrm began at the beginning.

Thank you, davidfor, I wrote the image using the USB Duplicator Image Writer tool and it worked out great. My Kobo works perfectly again now. You have been very kind and very generous. Thank you again, if you hadn't been there I should have to buy a new Kobo

Last edited by tuningrm; 12-06-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #48
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Davidfor, I haven't bricked the HD Glo but I'd like the image just in case I do. May I have the image as well?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM Sent.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #50
Nixxx
Nixxx began at the beginning.

Davidfor, can I ask you the image please? It's my second Glo HD, the first one was send under warranty because of the same bug(cant connect to the computer anymore). So I will try to flash the image before contacting Kobo again. Thanks!
Advert
Old 12-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Nixxx; can you describe the issue you are having; O/S installed; symptoms; what has been tried to fix it; etc
Old 12-02-2015, 08:36 PM   #52
Nixxx

I'm running asus laptop on windows 10, and my girlfriend have a MacBook with El captain, none recognized the reader, but both was able before the bug. I have try all of the factory reset: in the software setting - device information, small pin hole, hold and tap both corner. Try to setup in English(I'm french, that's why my English is bad). I also format the fat32 partition with minitools partition wizard, with succes. Try different cables, USB port. The reader dont prompt the message to enter the PC mode when I connect it but it charge fine. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Another thing, I always setup with wifi, all the book that I purchase in the Kobo store sync fine, and the reader work great aside from pc connect. When I was able to connect it to my PC, I use Calibre to sync my book and it was working great.

Last edited by Nixxx; 12-02-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:46 PM   #53
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
So I presume you removed the card and installed it in an SD reader on your PC?

Was the Windows 10 an upgrade from Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 or a clean install? We've seen other people who've done an upgrade have issues.

The fact it doesn't prompt when connected to your PC really makes it sound like a cable issue.

Are you connecting to a port on your PC or via a USB Hub?

Is it a USB 2 or USB 3 port?

(And your English is just fine)
Old 12-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have sent you a PM with the link to the image. But, I can't think how it will help. The image is a complete image of the SD card, but the factory reset will reset any of the parts of the image that I can think of that would affect this. The factory reset writes the boot and kernel images from the recovery partition to the appropriate sectors of the card. It also formats the rootfs partition and unpacks the executables to the partition. This should leave the card in the same state as restoring the image.

So far, I haven't had a Kobo device that otherwise worked that didn't prompt when connected to a PC. What happened when this started? Where you trying a patch or KSM or something else? Does the device see the charger and charge the battery? When you plugin, does the device do anything? Such as freeze even for a few seconds.

And how did you format the partition? To do that you would need to connect the device to the PC. Or did you remove the card? In any case, I don't think it would change anything. A problem with that partition might cause problems connecting, but I think they would only be after the prompt to connect.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #55
Nixxx

Yes, I remove the card and use a SD reader. My laptop come with windows 10, yes its a new one I dont use a hub and all my usb port are 3.0. The macbbok have only usb 2 port. I have also try with my HTPC that I build with windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10, this one have usb 2 and 3 and none of them make the kobo prompt to connect. I try the cable that come with the reader, one Samsung that come with the tab s 8.4 and one HTC that come with the M8. Thanks again!

Yes the device charge fine and I was not trying to patch or anything, just transfert book with Calibre. When I plug it in, the battery icon show that it charge but no freezing or display flash.

Last edited by Nixxx; 12-02-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #56
Nixxx

Getting the image right now! Thank you very much davidfor! I will try with another micro sd first and post the result!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:38 AM   #57
Regicide
Regicide began at the beginning.

@davidfor Is the image you have at hand "store branded" anywhere?

I want to get rid of the store name I have on the sleep and power off screens, even the book cover sleep screen is branded with the store name where I bought my Glo HD from.

It really annoys me and I haven't found any other solution than to try another image.

PS. Hello, I'm new here.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

No, the image is not store branded, but you don't need to restore an image to fix this.

In the .kobo directory on the device, edit the file "affiliate.conf" and change the affiliate. It will have your current store. Changing it to "Kobo" will remove the branding.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:49 AM   #59
Regicide
Regicide began at the beginning.

I had a feeling there was something easy to fix it and I even saw that file at one point, but I guess I forgot to look into it. Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 12-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #60
Waki
Waki began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo hd
Hello,
Could I have an sd image of the Glo HD? Not responding after an update.
Thanks
Closed Thread