Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
chr1st0ph3rc
Enthusiast
chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.chr1st0ph3rc is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Unhappy Kindle touch won't turn on. Can see current book in background of ad.

My trusty kindle touch and I have been together forever and to 4 countries and I don't want to give up on the old buddy just yet. When I try to charge it, the kindle shows the yellow charge light, but doesn't change to green. I have tried all of the usual tricks: charge for 5 hours, hard reset (40 secs), and used multiple cables and also connected it to my computer. Is there anything else that I can do? I have called customer service and tried to work it out with them, but we couldn't find a solution. The strange thing is that I can see my current book, May on Motors by James May, (which I highly recommend). Does this mean that I might have an issue with the display? Is there any other tricks/things to try?

chr1st0ph3rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:33 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The e-ink display is a meta-stable device, it will show what was last written to it even when removed from the device and put away.

The fact that it never changes may be significant.

The fact that the charge controller isn't working (always yellow) and/or the battery is never re-charged is significant.

The fact that the presses on the power button cause no changes is significant.

The fact that it is an older device, which has seen heavy use is significant.

- - - - - - -

hmm....
As described, it sounds like a double failure (rare, but possible) -
A broken power switch and a worn out battery.

I would replace the battery first,
but then not be surprised if I found that the power switch was also broken.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, kindle, screen, touch