Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think m-soft is sincere in giving out the ebooks?
Yes 9 56.25%
No 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
kemikelx
kemikelx began at the beginning.

Device: 0123456
A Civil Action ( Microsoft Free ebook)

i just went to get this file from the Microsoft summer freebies site and when i ran it, Microsoft reader ask me to update my activation (doing it again).
It is for every new title, you have to upgrade???!!!
I dunno about this but i'm gonna backup it using clit, backup my sec*.dll files and then activate..
what do you think?

Last edited by kemikelx; 08-17-2003 at 04:10 AM.
kemikelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
gxq4569
gxq4569 began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello,everyone!
gxq4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #3
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemikelx View Post
i just went to get this file from the Microsoft summer freebies site and when i ran it, Microsoft reader ask me to update my activation (doing it again).
It is for every new title, you have to upgrade???!!!
I dunno about this but i'm gonna backup it using clit, backup my sec*.dll files and then activate..
what do you think?
I also wonder why you need to update? Well maybe its a security reason only in order not to get the free file just by any user.
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill75 View Post
I also wonder why you need to update? Well maybe its a security reason only in order not to get the free file just by any user.
Jill75, look at the date of the original message :
08-16-2003, 09:43 PM

The message from the previous poster seems a bit weird, but harmless, so maybe it's a simple mistake that it was posted in this thread.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Likely the bump is from a spammer who is leaving itself a breadcrumb trail.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxq4569 View Post
hello,everyone!
Hi, gxq4569

I see this is your first post.

If you will post in the forum called "Introduce Yourself," (under the main heading of "Miscellaneous,") there will be a number of people to welcome you and say "hello" to you.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote