Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #31
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
Hi all, and especially readers in the UK,

Just wanted to pass the word that The Losing Role is now available in the UK Kindle store and for only £2.25:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003D7LVRS

As are my novels False Refuge and Besserwisser: A Novel.

Wondering if it's for you? Be sure to see the reviews in the US Kindle store, linked in my signature below.

I hope you'll give them all a shot.

Thanks, cheers, and happy reading,
Steve
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #32
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all,

I wanted to let you know that Amazon has discounted The Losing Role and my other novels to $2.39.

I'm not sure how long this will last, so have at em: http://tinyurl.com/283424f

Thanks!
Steve
Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #33
Steve Anderson
Addict

There's a new interview with me about The Losing Role, what I'm writing and why over on David Wisehart's Kindle Authors blog:

http://kindle-author.blogspot.com/20...medium=twitter

I'll hope you'll check it out.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #34
Steve Anderson
Addict

In another recent interview, I talk about self-publishing and putting my main characters through hell:

http://www.rosecityreader.com/2010/1...-anderson.html

No wonder they hate me.

Also, as mentioned in another thread, The Losing Role is now on Simon Royale's list of indie authors to read. You can check out all the novels here:

http://www.simon-royle.com/indie-books-authors/

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #35
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Hi Steve,

I'm reading it now. Engaging, I'm liking it so far.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #36
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Hi Steve,

I'm reading it now. Engaging, I'm liking it so far.
Great to hear! I'll let you get back to reading, then.

Thanks for giving it a look,
Steve
Old 11-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #37
Steve Anderson
Addict

I recently had an interview with Simon Royle, in which I attempt to explain my own role in The Losing Role and my writing in general:

http://www.simon-royle.com/2010/11/2...e/#comment-204

I hope you'll have a look at mine and the other authors' interviews.

Steve
Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #38
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Anderson View Post
I recently had an interview with Simon Royle, in which I attempt to explain my own role in The Losing Role and my writing in general:

http://www.simon-royle.com/2010/11/2...e/#comment-204

I hope you'll have a look at mine and the other authors' interviews.

Steve
Thanks for the interview Steve , very interesting.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that generous and fellow MR author Helen Smith is giving away books for the holidays. It's going on now, from Dec 10-17. Eighteen authors are offering their books, including me with The Losing Role tomorrow, Dec 14. You could also win an Amazon gift card.

Head straight to Helen's blog for more or check my update.

Thanks and happy holidays!
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 12-13-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #40
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi again,

I wanted to pass along a nice new review of The Losing Role from Man of la Book. Reviewer/blogger Zohar Laor writes:

"This is a well-researched and fascinating book ... with a refreshing twist; it is told from the view point of a German soldier -- and a likable one at that."

http://manoflabook.com/wp/?p=1095

The Man has also asked me to take part in a giveaway -- enter to win The Losing Role at his site between now and Jan 4. There will be three winners total.

Thanks!

Happy reading,
Steve
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #41
Steve Anderson
Addict

There's a new review of The Losing Role in the Historical Novel Review, and it includes a real-life historical connection. Reviewer Gregory Graham's father experienced firsthand some of the novel's horrid events as an infantryman in WWII's Battle of the Bulge.

Graham also recommends the novel. He gives a few good reasons why, most touching on the depiction of war as tragedy. But, my favorite: "Finally, the book is fun."

You can find the review here: http://historicalnovelreview.blogspo...-anderson.html

Thanks and happy reading,
Steve
Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #42
Steve Anderson
Addict

It's been a good week for The Losing Role.

The New Podler Review of Books gave the historical espionage thriller its Independent Novel Award Best of 2010. My favorite line from the write-up: "Enough dramatic tension to saw a Panzer in half."

Over at Stimulated Outlet Book Reviews, Alice Yeh recommends the book and gives a well-written review that really gets to the heart of the story. "The Losing Role succeeds in capturing and maintaining a reader's attention; the constant, underlying tension practically demands it," writes Yeh.

Happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 04-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #43
Steve Anderson
Addict

"I'm into antiheroes." This week I did an interview about The Losing Role for Stimulated Outlet Book Reviews.

I hope you'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #44
Steve Anderson
Addict

I wanted to pass the word that The Losing Role is currently 99 cents/71p along with my other novels.

Have at it!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #45
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
@Steve:
Hi, I have added your ebooks to the open books catalogue. Openbooks is an initiative undertaken by calibre (an ebook management software)
Please see your author page at http://drmfree.calibre-ebook.com/by/...steve-anderson
If its not too much trouble please let me know if I made any mistakes.
Thanks
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
espionage, fiction, historical, thriller, wwii