Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Jana
Jana began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch PRS-600
sony elibrary problem "stopped working"

Hi there,

I have new Sony touch version 600 and I installed elibrary two days ago. First day it was working fine but on the second day I was in the middle of transferring more books when I suddenly started to receive messages "elibrary has stopped working" and library always closed. I can still turn it on and import books into it but I always get this message when I try to transfer book from library to reader so can't get anything on the reader anymore.

I have vista 32 and I tried everything. I uninstalled library (with deleting all "invisible" files) and installed it back. I also turned off DEP exclusion for this software but nothing helped and I am totally stacked...

I will appreciate very much if anyone could help!!!

Many thanks
Jana
Jana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum Jana.

A lot of people have had trouble with this. Here are some links to other threads where the issue is discussed:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56381
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54901
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54661
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Jana

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your message. I checked all possible forums and tried everything but nothing changed. I can open elibrary and import files in but it shuts down when I try to transfer. I am transferring only PDF files so there is no issue with incompatibility.

I am also trying to get Sony to solve it but nothing so far.

Anyone with some new experience how to get elibrary running properly?

Thanks!
Jana
Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Jana

Hi everyone,

Below is the response from Sony on my continuing problem with the reader:

I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps have failed to work.

As you have tried the points mentioned in my previous e-mail, can you please un install all Sony Reader eBook software.

Once you have un installed our software, please install Adobe Auditions software only.

For the Adobe Auditions software, please download this from their website using, your favourite search engine.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me, and let me know of the result.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did it work? I had to completely un-install and re-install. In another thread, someone posted that Sony is feverishly working to fix it. I hope ver 3.1 comes out soon!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
mets
mets began at the beginning.

Device: sony-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana View Post
Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your message. I checked all possible forums and tried everything but nothing changed. I can open elibrary and import files in but it shuts down when I try to transfer. I am transferring only PDF files so there is no issue with incompatibility.

I am also trying to get Sony to solve it but nothing so far.

Anyone with some new experience how to get elibrary running properly?

Thanks!
Jana
I only have this problem when I'm transferiing "PDF". Had to delete all books on the reader, reformat and reconnect the reader.

batting 100 two pdf transfers - two hang ups
mets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
Jana

Hi,

I haven't tried Adobe as yet as I couldn't find it but finally found Adobe - Digital Edition software.

Will try maybe tonight but I am getting fed up with constant uninstall and install again.

Otherwise link to Adobe software: http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Jana
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #8
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Whern I got my PRS300 last month, I took one long hard look at the Sony software...and installed Calibre.
But sometimes you need it, for bought books and other specific services, if you don't, my advice would be to use Calibre. Goodl uck.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
Jana

Hi,

I tried Calibre previously but it doesn't support files for Sony Touch 600 - you can't change sizes of text, you can't use dictionary etc. - nothing for me.
But I installed that Adobe Edition tonight and it's working perfectly. Supports sony e-reader and many other as well.

Works for me but hopefullySony will be able to fix theirs - it's disgrace selling something with thiat many errors!

Lots of luck!
Jana
Old 11-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
mollie38
Connoisseur
mollie38 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 Kindle 3gwifi
Downloaded books not in e-book library

Hi

I have downloaded several books into what I thought was e-book library but when I went to transfer them to my reader they were not there they have been going into a temporary folder on my pc how can I get them to download straight into the library. I been sitting here for ages trying to sort it I have tried transfering the book from the temporary folder into my documents and then onto the reader but even that is not working.

Anyone help please.

Regards
Mollie
mollie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
mollie38
Connoisseur
mollie38 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 Kindle 3gwifi
Sorry this was meant as a new query
mollie38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
I just got my 505 and have decided to use Calibre.
I have used elibrary to download some free
books but then I transfer them to Calibre. no
problems so far.....
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #13
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollie38 View Post
Hi

I have downloaded several books into what I thought was e-book library but when I went to transfer them to my reader they were not there they have been going into a temporary folder on my pc how can I get them to download straight into the library. I been sitting here for ages trying to sort it I have tried transfering the book from the temporary folder into my documents and then onto the reader but even that is not working.

Anyone help please.

Regards
Mollie
Ebook Library does not store copies of the books. It merely catalogues them. A typical purchase from the Sony Store seems to out itself into a folder called "My books" in the Document folder. This usually shows up on the Ebook Library software without any further action.

However, if you are downloading a book from elsewhere, say from our MR library, try this:
1. Right-click on the attachment. Save it in any folder you like.
2. Open Ebook Library. Click on "File" on the top left of the screen.
3. Then choose either "import file" (for single books) or "import folder" (to import a whole folder-ful of books to the library.
The software will invite you to navigate to wherever you have stored the books.
I hope this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote