Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
FaisalLoco
FaisalLoco began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
Exporting Highlighted Text to the PC

Hello guys,
I know you think there are enough threads about this issue. But I really couldn't find an answer to my problem.

The problem with the highlighting feature on PRS-600 that everybody complains about is that you can't export all of the highlighted text; only 100 characters or so from each highlight. This was very disappointing for everyone and for very obvious reasons.

But my problem is that I can't export any highlights at all. Right now, I would be very happy with an excerpt of the highlighted text (better than nothing!), but I can't see any of it when I connect my reader to the Sony Ebook Library. I can only view the highlighted text on the Notes section on the Reader itself, but not in the Ebook Library, let alone exporting it as text files. I tried clicking on the Library icon and importing by folder from the Reader's memory. Didn't work! I tried browsing the Reader's HD and all I found was strange file formats that I can't use.

right now I have dozens of highlighted text that I can't export to my PC and that is very frustrating.

somebody please help

Regards
FaisalLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
jans
jans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 600
The question has also been dealt with here - and I have exported highligted notes from the reader - it is as I recall a relative easy export order on your pc but under reader icon - i have a few problems of my own so I cant hook up and check - the real problem is the 100 charachter limit.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...820#post628820
jans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
FaisalLoco

Quote:
and I have exported highligted notes from the reader
Thanks for your reply jans.

Would you please tell me how you were able to do that (step by step)? because I really have tried every way possible without any positive results. I couldn't export neither the 100 characters nor the full highlighted notes. I couldn't even see the notes on the Book Reader software!
unfortunately, the other thread which you gave the link to is heavy with jargons that I couldn't understand. Until now, I haven't seen simple step-by-step instructions on how the exporting can be done. I would be grateful if you could help me with this bit.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-13-2009, 05:04 AM   #4
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
in the sony software, go to the Help menu (top row), ebook library help, and search for "exporting notes". They give step by step instructions.
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
FaisalLoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
in the sony software, go to the Help menu (top row), ebook library help, and search for "exporting notes". They give step by step instructions.
ebooker, I appreciate you passing by. Really! But I'm sorry to tell you that you are just like the others. Everybody is referring me to other stuff that doesn't work. Do you really think that I would come up here asking for help before going to the help option in the software? have you seen that help document?! there's nothing on that document that tells you how you can export highlighted text from the Reader to the PC. Where did you come up with this?

please people, your help is largely appreciated. But don't just post stuff only because you can. If there is anybody who was able to export highlighted text from the reader to the PC please tell me how you did it?
Advert
Old 12-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #6
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
I think all you need to do is in the EBL software is:

1. Open the book

2. Click the "Bookmarks" button (to the right of "Find a Book" search field)

3. Click "Export note" button which is next to the Bookmarks button. It has a green arrow on it.

This will export your notes for the book as an RTF. But as the others point out, there is a 100 character limit on each note.

I use a mac so your experience might be different on a PC. Good luck. R.

PS: My notes (highlights) are never highlighted in my books in the EBL software; only when I pass over with my mouse do they appear.
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote