Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #16
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Hmmm...well that bites. Any further luck on finding that third party lit reader for MIPS?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Hmmm...well that bites. Any further luck on finding that third party lit reader for MIPS?
Actually, it did say that that package was for WinCE 3.0, not 2.11. So the fact that I couldn't get it to work doesn't mean much.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Still doesn't help, though....we're going to need one for Win CE 5.0 and above.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #19
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Found this link and thought I would put it here for anyone if they wanted to try it:

http://reeed.ru/en_prog_alreader_pda.php
Found the Home page for Alreader here
Extra backgrounds and fonts for Alreader2 can be downloaded here. Don't know about the fonts, haven't tried them but I like the extra backgrounds. For some reason I couldn't zip the 480x800 backgrounds with the others so they are here

It's for Alreader2 which is originally a Russian program for reading ebooks. I loved the windows mobile version of it. Once I get WinCe on my Smartq7 I am going to give it a go.

The bottom of the page has WinCe download mips and arm and seems to be an english version of it. For WinCE 4.2 and above.

Edit: I have since successfully tried the WinCE version on Smartq7 and can recommend it. Have added some other stuff I have found.

Last edited by bjkel; 08-16-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added info
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
CBR readers:

Manga MeeyaCE
Comic Reader Mobi
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Just tried Manga MeeyaCE and it was in chinese. Comic Reader Mobi is $9.99 and I'm not quite ready to shell out the cash for WinCE apps that may or may not work. MeeyaCE looks like a very nice comic reader though. If I could get it in english, it would definately fill my comic needs. I'm still suffering trying to get a major WinCE ebook reader to work.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
wermy
wermy began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ 7
I actually have Comic Reader Mobi for iPhone, and it is by far the best comic reader for that platform. I emailed him about my hesitation with buying the WinMo version, since it may or may not work. He told me that if it didn't work he could give me a refund. This is what he told me, anyway. You may want to email him first. But as far as mobile CBR readers, this is the best I've used.
wermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
ondabeach
Groupie
ondabeach doesn't litterondabeach doesn't litter

Device: HTC touch Diamond, Ipaq 3115
Talking

Hi all,

I have put a CE specific download link on the ZuluReader download page (www.zuluexpress.com). I am really keen to get some CE users to give ZR a try out as I have been asked by a taiwanese device design house to test and, if neccessary modify ZR on a new device they are developing. It is a CE 5 device with a 6 inch e-ink display (16 shades of gray). They are sending me a test unit in a few weeks but I'd love to get some feedback on ZR running on CE beforehand.

For those that don't know, ZuluReader is a reader app for DRM-free ePubs.

Cheers,

Steve.
ondabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #24
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Is this the same for the mini's that they now have with XP? Will the same ereader I use on my Palm PDA work for that?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Is this the same for the mini's that they now have with XP? Will the same ereader I use on my Palm PDA work for that?
No. Windows XP is an entirely different operating system from Windows CE. Also, your Palm PDA doesn't run Windows CE.

But if you're asking if you can read a particular ebook format on both your Palm PDA and Windows XP, then the answer is yes (probably).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool, thanks!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
I've written a program for reading eBooks on Windows Mobile devices. It can read txt, html and (DRM-free) ePub files. Screenshots attached.
[updated: version 1.0 released]

The program is called 'Freda' - short for 'free reader', since it is free software (both in the sense of 'free beer', as I am not charging for it, and in the sense of 'free speech', as I am licensing my code under the GPL).

It's in 'public beta' at the moment, so please download it and let me have any feeback.

The program uses two third-party libraries, SharpZipLib and the Majestic-12 HTMLParser library; both are licensed on terms permitting their redistribution for commercial and non-commercial purposes. More information is here

Happy reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Book1.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	41156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book4.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	41157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Book5.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	41158   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookshelf.jpg
Views:	969
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	41159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	41160  

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 12-13-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #28
benham
Guru

Thanks Jim! My daughter has WinCE on her handheld. I'll forward this to her.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #29
kimstudio
kimstudio began at the beginning.

Device: EEEPC|Palm TE|DELL X3|NEXIO S155
I just bought an A81 MID with 7' screen and wince 6.0.

I tried the newest windows mobile version of mobipocket, un-cab it to exe, put it in and it works. I am not sure whether fake-dlls help here, for convenience I just put all window mobile exes in one directory with fake dlls. Now I can read .mobi files!

For the comic reader, I can't believe there is any other comic reader softwares better than Mangameeya, I even convert pdf to zipped images and read it with Mangameeya.
kimstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #30
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Freda updated - my epub (and txt) reader for Windows Mobile is now in release 1.0.

See www.jim-chapman.net/freda

Jim
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote