Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindleing since 11/4/08
SOLVED: Need Kindle Ordering help!

Where do you find the links for the Kindle extended service plans? I want to order one. I seen the liunks but now I can't find them anywhere!

Last edited by awesomevegan; 10-31-2008 at 01:14 PM.
awesomevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
Where do you find the links for the Kindle extended service plans? I want to order one. I seen the liunks but now I can't find them anywhere!
the following is from the Amazon Kindle discussion board....Realize that is NOT from Amazon, but from a third party......

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 5:06 PM PDT
SJC says:
There is an outside company that will warranty for 3 years. ***must do within 30 days of purchasing the Kindle. MUST ask to get the ADH plan (accidental damage in handling) will cover drops. (but not blatant negligence like taking it in pool). They will not charge a fee for malfunction replacement under the plan BUT if you have to make good on the "ADH" part of the plan there is a $50.00 fee. SquareTrade.com or Questions? Call us at 1.877.WARRANTY
(M-F 6am-5pm PST).

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
awesomevegan
Connoisseur
awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.awesomevegan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

i seen it right on the Amazon site. Within the last few days... at least I THOUGHT I did...

edit: It was the SONY that had it on the site lol and it wasn't even Amazon! I just ordered my Kindle but I don't get to have it until Dec 25th!

Thank you for your help. The site you listed isn't working right now. But the Kindle comes with a one year so I will try in the next few days to do that one. Is it 3 years after the Kindle's expires or just 3 yeard total?

Last edited by awesomevegan; 10-29-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomevegan View Post
i seen it right on the Amazon site. Within the last few days... at least I THOUGHT I did...
Amazon does not offer any 'extended service warranty'.

The amazon discussion board is on the amazon site......
Old 10-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Here is the link

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/

They don't have an option for ebook readers (or Kindle) but when I contacted them, they told me to register it as Drive/Storage (under Computer-Other). Others have been told to register it as a PDA; however, I noticed the ADH is more for a PDA. Either way, you should contact them immediately afterwards and have them update their records to reflect it is a Kindle.

Also they have coupon codes if you search around.

Its a 3 year warranty from the date of purchase. Amazon's 1 year warranty does not cover accidents, square trade does IF you purchase ADH within 30 days of purchase.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
the following is from the Amazon Kindle discussion board....Realize that is NOT from Amazon, but from a third party......

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2008 5:06 PM PDT
SJC says:
There is an outside company that will warranty for 3 years. ***must do within 30 days of purchasing the Kindle. MUST ask to get the ADH plan (accidental damage in handling) will cover drops. (but not blatant negligence like taking it in pool). They will not charge a fee for malfunction replacement under the plan BUT if you have to make good on the "ADH" part of the plan there is a $50.00 fee. SquareTrade.com or Questions? Call us at 1.877.WARRANTY
(M-F 6am-5pm PST).

I checked this out and when I tried to get a quote from the menu, Readers, or ebook Readers are not an option. So, I chose "other electronics." which lead me to another sub menu. I had to choose 'other electronics' again. Which once more, gave me yet another menu. But now I only have two choices, telephone or music keyboard."

Can you explain how you actually received a quote and then purchased this warranty? Thanks.
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Can you explain how you actually received a quote and then purchased this warranty? Thanks.
I think she said in a couple of other posts to email them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I checked this out and when I tried to get a quote from the menu, Readers, or ebook Readers are not an option. So, I chose "other electronics." which lead me to another sub menu. I had to choose 'other electronics' again. Which once more, gave me yet another menu. But now I only have two choices, telephone or music keyboard."

I haven't bought a warranty. I was just posting that for another person. If you are interested, you might try calling the number. The site didn't make much sense to me, either.........
Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #9
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Per Squaretrade the category to select is

Select: the appropriate item categories (Computer-Other-Drive/Storage)

Thank you for contacting SquareTrade.

I understand your concern.

Please note, we cover you according to the purchase receipt of your item.

As such, if your purchase receipt states that it is an Amazon Kindle, we will go ahead and provide you coverage for that item.

Rest assured, you will be covered from SquareTrade if you use the catagories which have been mentioned.

Furthermore, to purchase coverage on your retail-bought item, please follow the instructions below.

Go to www.squaretrade.com and select the following categories:

Select: Retailer

Select: the appropriate item categories (Computer-Other-Drive/Storage)

Enter your purchase price, (purchase price only, this does not include taxes, shipping, activation, etc)

Select the Item condition:

"New” for a factory sealed item with an existing manufacturer's warranty or "Other" for a Refurbished or Used item.

You will then be provided with a quote. Should you wish to continue with the purchase, please follow the button prompting you to do so.

You will then be brought to the second page for your personal and payment information.

The final page will offer you a confirmation of your purchase.

Hope that answers your question! If not, go here to view the contract summary. You can also reply to this email or call 1-877-WARRANTY (1-877-927-7268) US & Canada only, weekdays between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST. and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST Saturday & Sunday.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #10
DickyCheung22
Enthusiast
DickyCheung22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think squaretrade is a good chooice.. I have my iPhone warranty from them, however, I still not use their service yet.. (good luck)
DickyCheung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
awesomevegan
Connoisseur

Thank you for your help! I will be doing that this weekend! The instructions are very helpful!