Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
lucthomas
lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony T3
Kobo 50% off - Apr.1 - 4

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a new promotion from Kobo.

50% off code - APRW1 valid from Apr.1 - 4 (TW local time GMT+8)

All you have to do is switch your kobo billing address to Taiwan, then you will be able to apply Kobo taiwan coupon to the entire kobo website.

Usually Kobo coupon can only apply for "selected books", however, with this method, you will be able to use coupon without any limit.

https://www.kobo.com/tw/zh

For Taiwanese address, I just input a hotel address from Taipei. But I am still able to check out with my US credit card.

Enjoy!
lucthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
April 1 . . . . April 1. Why does that date stick out in my mind? Just kidding; I know that it's not an April's Fool's Day joke.

Welcome to posting on MobileRead. Some additional start-up karma headed your way. And it was a good post, too.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
April 1 . . . . April 1. Why does that date stick out in my mind? Just kidding; I know that it's not an April's Fool's Day joke.

Welcome to posting on MobileRead. Some additional start-up karma headed your way. And it was a good post, too.
If it was a joke, the date give would just be April 1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
Dang. Can't seem to get this to work for me. Keeps telling me it can't validate my credit card. Oh well. Anyway to use PayPal with the Taiwanese site?
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does this promotion exclude the publishers that typically excluded from these coupon codes? It's been so long since I've purchased from them, I don't even remember who or what the publishers are . . . .
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Does this promotion exclude the publishers that typically excluded from these coupon codes? It's been so long since I've purchased from them, I don't even remember who or what the publishers are . . . .
I just bought a book from Simon & Schuster and the code worked mo problem. I was able to use my US credit card to pay for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just bought a book from Simon & Schuster and the code worked mo problem. I was able to use my US credit card to pay for it.
That jogged my memory. It is usually the big publishers that are excluded. Aren't they called "agency" publishers? I don't suppose that there is a list of either excluded or included anywhere?

Anyway, thanks.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
That jogged my memory. It is usually the big publishers that are excluded. Aren't they called "agency" publishers? I don't suppose that there is a list of either excluded or included anywhere?

Anyway, thanks.
It's not exhaustive, but here's a list of many non-agency publishers...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=698

Basically Agency are the Big 5 (Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins, Macmillan & Hachette) and their various imprints. However Agency doesn't apply in certain markets.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #9
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojisube View Post
Dang. Can't seem to get this to work for me. Keeps telling me it can't validate my credit card. Oh well. Anyway to use PayPal with the Taiwanese site?
I get the same message and tried using 2 different credit cards, one a VISA and one a MasterCard. Guess this works for some and not for others.
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #10
lucthomas
lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony T3
I did switch my address to TW, then I tried with my visa and visa debit. Both of them seem to work fine. I found the most sweet thing with the TW promotion is, it actually applied to all books in Kobo regardless those "Only for promotional items"
lucthomas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo