Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
datooff
datooff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobi format Transitions Problem.

Hey everyone.

I'm going to publish my book on kindle,but when i convert doc to mobi - here's the problem i got. These ugly transitions.

So the problem is:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2z69r3n.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/149bnnn.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/sccbat.jpg

And here's how word looks like.
http://i39.tinypic.com/166nl7m.jpg

Help please.
Maybe doc format is wrong or something?How to convert without any html or something else? Simple?
datooff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What are you converting your doc with?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It looks like most of your problems are in the source word file. You have words run together without spaces between. Running spellchecker might find some of them for you. GIGO (Garbage in equals Garbage out)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
datooff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
What are you converting your doc with?
i tried online converters,KD Publishing Pro,i converted to epub then with Kindle Previewer to mobi. So few methods - same results.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
datooff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It looks like most of your problems are in the source word file. You have words run together without spaces between. Running spellchecker might find some of them for you. GIGO (Garbage in equals Garbage out)

Dale
OK,what to do with source file?
What is the easiest format method?

I just wrote a book myself, it's first time i came across this mobi format,so hope you understand.
Advert
Old 07-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Put spaces after each period and question mark. Do not use the return key at the end of each line, only at the end of the paragraph. A word processor is not a typewriter. It is not related to the mobi format. You would have this problem in any eBook format.

Dale
Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
datooff

I'm terrified.

I try to convert a 10 page book in 2 weeks now!!!!!!!! And it's not done!

Delaed, i did that - nothing happened.

I tried to convert with mobilepocket, not the first problem is gone, but here's a new problem:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rndd34.jpg

Help please.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Perhaps you need a more robust automatic solution. I would suggest Atlantis word processor. It will accept your word file and will generate an ePub and a mobi file directly from the program interface if KindleGen is installed as documented. It will give you an easy work flow and should solve all of your problems I hope. You use Atlantis instead of word if you like as it will create interchangeable word files.

Dale