Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Send to Device /folder for Nexus 7

I've been using Calibre for a while, and I've always had it send my books to the "Books" folder inside an author subfolder. And it worked fine...

So, if I sent one of John Locke's books, I'd end up with the book in
Books\Locke, John

It worked fine...... Sometime in the last month or so, when I updated Calibre, it STOPPED putting the books in the author folder and started dumping things in "Books"......

I KNOW there's a topic in here somewhere that tells me how to get the books into the right place, but I've been searching for an hour and I can't figure out what I've got wrong...

In Preferences, Sending Books to Devices, I currently have the string:
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

But the books are going into the "Books" folder...

I've tried /{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} which did nothing.
I've tried Books/{author_sort}/{title} - {authors} which also did nothing.

What do I need to add to get this working the way it used to?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the device icon in calibre when it is connected and select configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Aha! That explains it. About a month ago I dumped the system drive and reloaded clean. Reinstalled Calibre and as I recall I did SOMETHING that caused it to ignore the Nexus.

I suspect that's about when the problem started.

Thanks for the help. All appears to be working normally now!
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote