Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #31
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
The rescue pack and SS hack *should* be completely orthogonal (= they touch entirely different files), but yeah... who knows. Thanks for the info!
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #32
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Pleasure ixtab, always happy to help if I can.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #33
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
i put the file bin file from k5_rescue_pack-20130313.zip in the root
but the update your kindle grayed out
anyone know why ?
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
anyone know why ?
sure - wrong file and/or wrong machine.

your info block says you have a K5-Paperwhite rather than a K5-Touch.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #35
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
sure - wrong file and/or wrong machine.

your info block says you have a K5-Paperwhite rather than a K5-Touch.
mean this update only for k5 - touch ?
thx
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 07:47 AM   #36
AKmarcus
AKmarcus began at the beginning.

Device: kindlepaperwhite
I'm having a problem with re-break,it was found Installing rescue pack (diags) FAILED View txt document shows Failed to backup original diags password
AKmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #37
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post
anyone know why ?
did you jailbreak your Kindle?

(BTW: you can install rescue pack via the jailbreak since jailbreak update file includes the rescue pack.
therefore just install the jailbreak (again, if already)
)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #38
freewheeling
Nameless Being

The latest version of the jailbreak file should be attached to the first post in this thread, and dated, but when I downloaded it it said it was for firmware version 5.3.4 and I have version 5.3.5 on my paperwhite. Also, if the links for updating the certificates and the rescue pack are not for use with the paperwhite what are they doing in the thread for the paperwhite jailbreak? I'm getting really sick of this!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
The latest version of the jailbreak file should be attached to the first post in this thread, and dated, but when I downloaded it it said it was for firmware version 5.3.4 and I have version 5.3.5 on my paperwhite. Also, if the links for updating the certificates and the rescue pack are not for use with the paperwhite what are they doing in the thread for the paperwhite jailbreak?
Ah, no -
They are attached to the first post of the Paperwhite jailbreak thread.

Get the most recent files from the Paperwhite jailbreak thread, try them, if they don't work, then downgrade you Kpw to a firmware version they do work on - complete the jailbreak, then update to whatever newer version you want to run.

Quote:
I'm getting really sick of this!
Goodbye.
Enjoy running your own, better, web-site.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #40
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah, no -
They are attached to the first post of the Paperwhite jailbreak thread.

Get the most recent files from the Paperwhite jailbreak thread, try them, if they don't work, then downgrade you Kpw to a firmware version they do work on - complete the jailbreak, then update to whatever newer version you want to run.

Goodbye.
Enjoy running your own, better, web-site.
I get confused about which thread I'm on, and somehow thought I was on the Jailbreak thread. Anyway I tried downloading the zip file that's attached to the Jailbreak thread and it has this "README" note:

Quote:
Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak for versions 5.2.0, 5.3.0, 5.3.1, 5.3.4
================================================== =================

This is a jailbreak for the Kindle Paperwhite.
It does NOT work on other Kindle models, and it does not work
on firmware 5.3.3.

Simply follow the instructions in this file to unlock the full
potential of your Paperwhite! ;-)
So, it isn't the one for 5.3.5 even though the note at the top of that thread says that this Jailbreak works for 5.3.5. I installed the Jailbreak back on version 5.3.1 and I've updated it as recently April, 2013. But every time there's an update I dread it, because I have to go back and find the right files to re-install and do them in the right order. So, I guess this is the same version that I installed back in April?

I also can't find the latest version of the Collections manager, or the files that I need to get that to work. They seem to be scattered all over the place. I tried updating using the files I could find (which in most cases I already had) but now the Collections Manager is dead as a doornail. Plus, it never worked very well anyway. Very clunking and laborious to get the books moved to the right sub-collections, and then it all stops working as soon as there's a firmware update. Sorry, but this is all a complete distraction. I'd much rather just read books than diddle around with these hacks.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #41
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I get confused about which thread I'm on, and somehow thought I was on the Jailbreak thread. Anyway I tried downloading the zip file that's attached to the Jailbreak thread and it has this "README" note:

So, it isn't the one for 5.3.5 even though the note at the top of that thread says that this Jailbreak works for 5.3.5. I installed the Jailbreak back on version 5.3.1 and I've updated it as recently April, 2013. But every time there's an update I dread it, because I have to go back and find the right files to re-install and do them in the right order. So, I guess this is the same version that I installed back in April?

I also can't find the latest version of the Collections manager, or the files that I need to get that to work. They seem to be scattered all over the place. I tried updating using the files I could find (which in most cases I already had) but now the Collections Manager is dead as a doornail. Plus, it never worked very well anyway. Very clunking and laborious to get the books moved to the right sub-collections, and then it all stops working as soon as there's a firmware update. Sorry, but this is all a complete distraction. I'd much rather just read books than diddle around with these hacks.
Have you actually tried the file, on the chance the read-me wasn't updated?

Perhaps you should try it rather than waste time venting.

Nobody is forcing you to use these Kindle add-ons, if you don't like them, don't use them.
It isn't like you had to purchase these at the app store.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Then just read books instead of diddling around with these hacks.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #43
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab
You make a rescue pack for the PW2?
Or this version will work?
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #44
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
You make a rescue pack for the PW2?
Or this version will work?
I'll take a look at it once I get my PW2. In the mean time, you can try it out by manually running the jailbreak.sh from my PW jailbreak, and checking whether the rescue pack gets installed correctly, and whether it works correctly. You can't use the .bin from this thread because it isn't packaged for the PW2.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
ixtab
(offline)

FYI: Updated to support the PW2.