Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
e book reader with JellyBean

I have Mantano Premium and also have a Galaxy Nexus and a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I have Jelly Bean on my Nexus and Mantano keeps losing my library. When I contacted Mantano, I found out that I had to uninstall and reinstall and then do a hard reset to get Mantano to work with Jelly Bean. I have a lot of data on my phone and a I have been told that a hard reset will cause me to lose data. I really can't do it on my tablet if I lose data. So my question is: what ereader program plays well with Jelly Bean?
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Serapeum
Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Moon Reader+
Moon+ Reader - I use it on my Nexus 7.
Serapeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. I will try that. I liked Mantano because it has TTS and I use that when I'm doing other things with my hands. That way I don't have to buy an ebook copy and an audiobook copy.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Serapeum
Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serapeum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Moon Reader+
Moon+ Reader does TTS, though I've never found any TTS solution to be the same as an audiobook.
Serapeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
I have Mantano Premium and also have a Galaxy Nexus and a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. I have Jelly Bean on my Nexus and Mantano keeps losing my library. When I contacted Mantano, I found out that I had to uninstall and reinstall and then do a hard reset to get Mantano to work with Jelly Bean. I have a lot of data on my phone and a I have been told that a hard reset will cause me to lose data. I really can't do it on my tablet if I lose data. So my question is: what ereader program plays well with Jelly Bean?
You don't need to do that. Just go to manage apps clear data and cache for Mantano. Then uninstall it. Then find and delete any and all Mantano folders on your device. Reboot the device and then install Mantano go to Manage Apps make sure it is installed on the device and not the sdcard.
BTW what data do you have on your device that you can't lose. All the contacts and related data is already backed up on Gmail. I use sms backup+ to save all my messages. You can also use Titanium backup to save all the apps and their data if you really need to do a hard reset just remember to copy all your backup file to your computer before you do.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
megthered
Connoisseur

But I don't want to do a hard reset every time I want to read on my Nexus. I don't read on it every day and I have been having to reinstall my books whenever I want to open the app. If I have to go through uninstall and rebooting and clearing the cache everytime I want to use the app it is not worth the time. I do genealogy and use the camera to take pictures of documents and scans of documents and photo's from archival libraries. I don't really want to lose these before I get them to my home computer, just because I want to read a few chapters of a book.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
BetaParker
BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: helpful
Angry

Jelly Bean is the latest in the series of delicious Android versions that Google has been doling out and as usual, promises to take things to the next higher level of computing be it in a smartphone or a tablet device. Designated Android 4.1 (and not 5.0 as some had speculated), Jelly Bean however brings about some significant enhancements over its predecessor, Android 4.0 ICS which can be considered to be much more than to warrant just the 0.1 increase over the ICS version. In fact, Jelly Bean does comes as a surprise as it was expected to be just a minor upgrade over the ICS.
BetaParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I had this same problem with Mantano on my Transformer Infinity after upgrading it to Jelly Bean.

You don't need to do the reset every time you want to read a book in Matano, you only need to do it once.

The reason for this is that Manato's database has got corrupted by the upgrade process, it doesn't happen on all devices, just some of them. I followed the following process:

1. Cleared the app data.
2. Unistalled Mantano.
3. Deleted the Mantano folder.
4. Checked that all my data was either backed up or on my memory card, then removed the memory card.
5. Performed a factory reset via the settings menu 3 times skipping the setup until the last reset was complete. The reason for this was after reading about this on Transformerforums the Asus Transformer doesn't always clear everything on the first reset, as you don't have an Infinity, doing it 3 times may not be needed.
6. Loaded my backed up data back onto my tablet and reinstalled Mantano.
7. Set all my collections back up.

After doing this, I have not had the problem since and it has been working perfectly.

This is also the instructions Mantano give to resolve this.

So long as you are willing to do this just once, you wont get this problem again.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
megthered
Connoisseur

Thanks, but I will look for an ereader that I don't have to fix to use with my machines. Moon + is working well for me.