Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
ethanay
ethanay began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Boox M92 freezes on low battery -- no warning

Hi all,

I'm having a consistent problem with my Boox M92. Instead of any "low battery" indication, the battery gets down to two bars (so it would appear that there is plenty of power left) and then the device freezes. It remains frozen until I recharge it and then hold the power button for ~15 seconds to reboot. I have not tried using the "reset" button on the back of the unit.

I would love for there to be a "warning: low battery" indicator before the crash from no power, or at least an accurate display of battery level...any ideas?

Firmware version is update-20131018.zip -- I tried updating to update-20131204.zip but it didn't work.

thank you!

ethan
ethanay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
mereshow
mereshow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello.

Same problem here!
mereshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
ethanay

I tried to update the firmware, and then I got to this problem:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181949

I tried to use the "0309" fix and the device would not recognize any firmware updates...

I fixed it, though -- it's working and updated, and as a plus it is faster and running the latest firmware from Booxtor (no more Ivona crap -- never worked anyway)

I used teh mfg_tool software. I had to slip in the latest version of the tool in order for it to work, though -- the "USB configuration" screen kept causing a crash (at least under Win 7), and thankfully the latest version lets you sidestep that problem.

I will post a link to it here.

Hopefully I've also fixed the "low battery" issues as well
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
ethanay

Ok, I used the mfgtool linked here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=217771

because it is pre-configured.

Then I downloaded the latest version of the tool from here:
http://blog.csdn.net/xingyuan1hao/ar...tails/11797237

And I used the mfgtool executable in that zip folder to replace the older one in the correctly configured folder that we get from this forum.

I then followed the included instructions (start the tool, plug in the device, start it by holding down the volume - and power buttons) and the software automatically detected the device. I ran the software, and it reset my device to a usable state, but erased EVERYTHING in the process. My lesson is that I will use an SD card primarily in the future. THen I updated to the latest firmware successfully from booxtor.

ok, that's all i know. hope this helps
Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Thanks for you review, it will be useful.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
firmware, freeze, m92 battery, update