Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
jjh76
jjh76 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch with glowlight, nook galaxy tab a
cover image

I have some epub books for which calibre shows a different cover image than whats actually in the files. I went into the metadata editor, but although it has options for downloading covers, or using an image that you have on your computer, there's no option to use the image already inside the book. Is there an easy way to get calibre to use the internal image without having to pull apart the book in an editor and saving the image separately?
bah, nvm, ignore this post
I found it just moments after posting

Last edited by jjh76; 12-27-2011 at 05:59 PM.
jjh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh76 View Post
I have some epub books for which calibre shows a different cover image than whats actually in the files. I went into the metadata editor, but although it has options for downloading covers, or using an image that you have on your computer, there's no option to use the image already inside the book. Is there an easy way to get calibre to use the internal image without having to pull apart the book in an editor and saving the image separately?
bah, nvm, ignore this post
I found it just moments after posting
Open the metadata editor
highlight the format that has the image
click the book icon to the left
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
rlspress
rlspress began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Another question about cover images. I have created a custom cover image in the metadata editor. When I send the books to the Kindle Fire, it does not display my cover image on the Kindle Fire. Any tricks or suggestions to get my cover image to display on the bookshelf thumbnails?
rlspress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
jjh76
jjh76 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch with glowlight, nook galaxy tab a
Right click on the book, select convert books -> convert individually, hit the "ok" button and that should do it. Depending on what options are set in the convert dialog, it might make some changes to the book's formatting so you'll want to make a backup of the file just in case.
jjh76 is offline   Reply With Quote