Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
There's a Rama omnibus at the new French spit publisher ripoff prices of 20.83.

Although if you think the other books don't actually subtract value like a lot of us then maybe you will think that ok.

The Rama books of course have been available free for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Rama-The-Omnib...4376116&sr=1-4
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #17
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post
Actually, this is the first Agency-priced promo I've noticed - are they common, at all?

I don't know about common, but when I did the Hachette ripoff sample, one of their books was actual 5.20 when the rest were 13.00 or so (or 21!) so it does happen, but I would say 'very occasional' over common.
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've had a shed-load of my favourites become available during 2011, such as Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey/Maturin series, R. F. Delderfield, C. P. Snow, LOTS of SF classics from Gollancz. It's been an excellent year for new ebook releases.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
There's a Rama omnibus at the new French spit publisher ripoff prices of 20.83.

Although if you think the other books don't actually subtract value like a lot of us then maybe you will think that ok.

The Rama books of course have been available free for years.

http://www.amazon.com/Rama-The-Omnib...4376116&sr=1-4
What do you mean "available free for years", Blue? The book you link to above certainly isn't free.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #20
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

As in downloadable from the usual places before the recalcitrant luddites bothered to actually start selling.
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
As in downloadable from the usual places before the recalcitrant luddites bothered to actually start selling.
I honestly don't see the relevance of that. Might just as well say that Ferraris are free because you can go out and steal one .
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #22
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain

You can get Ferraris via modem? Not in this universe. Not sure where you are from!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #23
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I still can't find Roald Dahl's books in the US. It's getting to the point where I'm wondering if I can't somehow get around geo restrictions with a gift card or something. *sigh*
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've had a shed-load of my favourites become available during 2011, such as Patrick O'Brian's wonderful Aubrey/Maturin series, R. F. Delderfield, C. P. Snow, LOTS of SF classics from Gollancz. It's been an excellent year for new ebook releases.
How is the quality of the O'Brian books? I just finished reading the series for the first time using my paper copies. But if I want to re-read them in the future I would probably need ebooks.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My list hasnt moved! I have 1 author that has about 20 in the series! Only the Last 4 are in eFormat Another author has 4 in eformate out of 6 1st...2nd....5th & 6th WTHeck happened to the 3rd & 4th book
I could go on but wont

Happy Holidays
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
How is the quality of the O'Brian books? I just finished reading the series for the first time using my paper copies. But if I want to re-read them in the future I would probably need ebooks.
I don't know - I haven't yet bought them. They are on my "to buy" list, for sure. Like you, I have them all in paperback, so at some point in the next few months I'll buy the ebooks and sell the paperbacks on Amazon.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #27
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Mine has trickled down slowly. One major problem is that some of my backlist is pretty old and the rights are in dispute. I'm been sending 2-3 boxes to 1DollarScan per month, though.
How good is the service at 1DollarScan?
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #28
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeatime View Post

- Mervyn Peake's "Gormenghast" trilogy
You got me excited for a second.....but Amazon won't sell the Kindle edition in the US.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #29
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
How good is the service at 1DollarScan?
I adore them.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #30
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Mine hasn't changed at all. But that's because, being a classics lover, everything I read has been available for free for years. I think I've bought two ebooks in the past two years which, thanks to the modern miracle of digital restrictions management, are both stuck on their respective devices, one a dead cellphone, the other an old ereader I don't much use any more.

I try reading modern fiction, but most of it bores me (yeah, OK, it's probably not fair to judge all modern writers by Dan Brown ). Is Tolkien available yet in non-DRM?

--Nathanael
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote