Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star
PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Reader on PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Very inexpensive at Amazon for Kindle at the moment, so I bought it. I've got a long list of books to read, but I'll definitely get to it. Thanks for that.

Regards
Caleb

Thank you, I hope that you enjoy it.

Phil
PhilipChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #17
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star
PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Print Version of Falling Star on Sale for the Holidays

The print edition of Falling Star will be on Sale during the Holidays at my eStore (the reason being is that it is the only place CreateSpace allows me to give out coupons. If you purchase Falling Star from my eStore before January 1, 2011, and use the following coupon code: MMZGZGZG, you will get $2.50 off the list price of $15.25. In other words your copy will only cost $12.75.

Give it as a holiday gift!

Thank you

Phil
Old 12-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Too Many Books?

The following excerpts are from an article written in 2008 by Alan Caruba, a charter member of the National Book Critics Circle:

I have been reviewing books since the 1960s and am a founding member of the National Book Critics Circle. For years I have also been a judge for the Publishers Marketing Association’s Benjamin Franklin Awards.

There are too many books being published.

I know that may sound like apostasy, but you don’t get an average of 150 books a month. I do ....

Then there are the novels. I am convinced that the current generation of retirees, tired of playing golf or some other pastime, have decided to sit down at their computer and write that great novel they have had running around in their head for years. And it’s not just retirees. It’s everyone who can belly up to the keyboard.

There is no way to describe the volume of novels being published these days. I received one today by an author who has written “over sixty thriller and supernatural novels.” It defies logic that anyone could produce anything of merit in that quantity. Even the best American novelists such as Steinbeck and Hemingway ran out of ideas and energy, writing some stinkers to pay the rent.

Every month, over at Bookviews.com, I post a report about new books. It averages about 70 titles, fiction and non-fiction. That’s nearly 850 books a year and I guarantee you they are the best of the lot of the approximately 1,800 I receive.

I recommend you visit. It will astound you.

http://bookcritics.org/blog/archive/...oo_Many_Books/

All of which make me feel very special, because this is what he wrote in part about, Falling Star:

It is rare when a novelist makes his debut with as powerful a novel as Philip Chen’s Falling Star ($15.25, available from Amazon.com, softcover and on Kindle). It begins in 1967 and concludes in the Oval Office in 1993. In between Chen introduces you to an array of characters, all of whom have unique talents, ....

This novel stands out for the way you are introduced not just to the characters, but the physical reality in which they live, the sights and even the smells. Slowly and then with increasing intensity, the mysteries are unraveled, the enemies identified, as life and death often hangs in the balance .... Chen brings an authenticity to the novel that provides a heart-pounding reality that forces you to ask “What if?”
Spoiler:
What if Earth was under observation by those from another planet that is circling a dying sun? What if they intended to colonize it? What if the year for this was 2013?
If you read just one novel in 2011, make it Falling Star.

http://bookviewsbyalancaruba.blogspot.com/
Old 01-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #19
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

I would like to give away ten free eCopies of Falling Star. Please indicate on this thread by February 15, 2011, if you would like to have an eCopy of Falling Star. I will send all respondents a Private Message with a three-digit number. I will then randomly select ten three-digit numbers using Random.Org to select the winners.

Because Kindle does not have a way for me to give out coupons, the eCopies will be from Smashwords, which has an mobi format as one of its choices. I hope that winners of eCopies of Falling Star will write reviews of the book for the Kindle (and other platforms such as Smashwords and Nook as well).

Alan Caruba, a Charter Member of the National Book Critics Circle, had this to say about Falling Star:

It is rare when a novelist makes his debut with as powerful a novel as Philip Chen’s Falling Star ($15.25, available from Amazon.com, softcover and on Kindle). It begins in 1967 and concludes in the Oval Office in 1993. In between Chen introduces you to an array of characters, all of whom have unique talents, some of whom are U.S. Navy officers, some with the FBI, all devoted to the protection of their nation. They are a handful of people who know about mysterious entities far beneath the surface of the waters surrounding the U.S. Others are members of a rogue KGB unit, moles who lived among us, but whose mission ended when the former Soviet Union collapsed. This novel stands out for the way you are introduced not just to the characters, but the physical reality in which they live, the sights and even the smells. Slowly and then with increasing intensity, the mysteries are unraveled, the enemies identified, as life and death often hangs in the balance. Drawing on his own life as an ocean research engineer, attorney and banker, Chen brings an authenticity to the novel that provides a heart-pounding reality that forces you to ask “What if?” What if Earth was under observation by those from another planet that is circling a dying sun? What if they intended to colonize it? What if the year for this was 2013? If you read just one novel in 2011, make it Falling Star.

http://bookviewsbyalancaruba.blogspot.com/

Thank you,

Phil Chen
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #20
robinsoncr
robinsoncr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350sc
Count me in!

Please count me in!
Chris
robinsoncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #21
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Hi Chris,

Please check your Private Messages for your entry number

Thank you for your interest.

Phil
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yeah, Im in for this, if numbers are still available.I
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #23
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Hi JHempel124,

Please check your private messages for your entry number

Thank you for your interest

Phil
Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #24
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
wow, you've gotten some great feedback on your book- very intriguing!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #25
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
wow, you've gotten some great feedback on your book- very intriguing!
Hi Grace,

Thank you, most of the folks who have read this and commented have liked the book.

Are you interested in getting a copy? Let me know.

Phil
Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #26
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've already bought this book twice (once by accident). I don't need any free copies.

Actually - I'll have to remember to give the Smashwords copy to my sister so that she can give it a read.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #27
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Caleb,

I hope that you and your sister will enjoy the read.

Phil
Old 01-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #28
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
This book sounds great! I'd love to get my hands on a copy of it!
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #29
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

@yakuzaboss,

Please check your Private Messages for an entry number.

Thank you for your interest.

Phil
Old 01-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #30
comtoc
comtoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Please add me!

Hi, I saw your post on the Amazon.com Kindle discussion board. I am interested in Falling Star. Please add me to the list. I would be happy to write a review on Amazon.

Thanks,
Cara
comtoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
military, ocean, spies, thriller, ufo