Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Greetings from Georgia!

Hello all! I'm (obviously) new to these forums. I just got my Kindle 2 yesterday after contemplating all summer and reading ebooks on my iPod Touch.

I'm new to the Kindle but not to ebooks -- I used to read on my Palm Pilots, especially the Palm Zire 71. Now, I'm delighted to use a larger screen without glare and benefit from magical wireless.

sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Nice to have another neighbor onboard!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, sparrowlight!

Congratulations on your new toy! I drive through Georgia at least twice a year on my way to South Florida and generally stay overnight in Savannah. One of these times, I;m going to stop at Paula Deen's restaurant. Anyway, don't be shy about asking questions and seeking advice. We all love our new toys but, sometimes, they drive us crazy! Heh, kind of like my kids. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi sparrowlight, welcome to MR!

It's always nice to have another Southerner around. Everyone else benefits so much from our grace and charm!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sparrowlight and welcome to MobileRead. I used to read on an iPaq but now that I've got and eInk device, I will never go back!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hello sparrowlight! Welcome to the MR forums. As an oldtimer to e-books, would you tell us about some of your favorites? What do you like to read?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello sparrowlight, and Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome_2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	33713 to Mobileread.

Name:  Georgia.gif
Views: 223
Size:  62.5 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome y'all! I have been barely able to stop playing with my Kindle this week.

As for my favourite kind of ebook, I read mainly sci-fi, fantasy, classics, and poetry. This is convenient since all those genres are readily available for ereaders! In the past, I've enjoyed Garth Nix's Abhorsen series, The Mists of Avalon, Redemption of Athalus, and always, Jane Austen's Big Six.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
New Member~Finally took the plunge- bought a Sony 505 on Ebay!

Hello everyone, After debating for weeks between the Kindle and Sony readers, I decided on a Sony 505 even though the 300 and 600 are about to come out. I 've had some unfavorable experience with newer PDA's which were not as stable or has more problems than older versions- so for that reason I was set on the Sony 505 since I kinda know what I'm getting The ability to download free ebooks from the library with Adobe Digital is a major plus and my pass experience with Sony's products has been good.

FYI- I happen to just find one on ebay for $240 new with SH included- most are $255 buy now - the price was fair so I bought it. They appear to have sold 4 so far and there is one left. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the item number- but I found it under the buy now and sorted by lowest price including S&H.

Take Care All,

Michelle

p.s sorry if I posted this in the wrong place- can't seem to locate the new thread button

Last edited by mypolar; 08-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypolar View Post
Hello everyone, After debating for weeks between the Kindle and Sony readers, I decided on a Sony 505 even though the 300 and 600 are about to come out. I 've had some unfavorable experience with newer PDA's which were not as stable or has more problems than older versions- so for that reason I was set on the Sony 505 since I kinda know what I'm getting The ability to download free ebooks from the library with Adobe Digital is a major plus and my pass experience with Sony's products has been good.

FYI- I happen to just find one on ebay for $240 new with SH included- most are $255 buy now - the price was fair so I bought it. They appear to have sold 4 so far and there is one left. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the item number- but I found it under the buy now and sorted by lowest price including S&H.

Take Care All,

Michelle

p.s sorry if I posted this in the wrong place- can't seem to locate the new thread button
Welcome to MobileRead, Michelle.

Not a problem. The button is at the upper left hand corner of the Introduce Yourself forum. Congratulations on your new toy and don't hesitate to ask questions, MR members are notoriously helpful.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote