Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #676
LarryNYC
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Thanks for posting those links. I can live with 16GB. Yes, it looks like it is much faster to find the page you want in a document. I'm glad they made the screen flush with the bezel. It's hard to write at the edge of the DPT-S1.

I'd like to find out more information about the new desktop PDF app.

It also looks like they're using a custom printer driver to send PDF files to the device. That's clever.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #677
Deekin
Deekin began at the beginning.

Device: none
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6zafIKhO7U

Trailer of DPT-RP1
Deekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #678
LarryNYC
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deekin View Post
I'm staring at a pile of about twenty notebooks from past projects, with no way to search for anything in them, and no easy way to share any of the content they contain. There is the superiority of paper for you. ;-)

The DPT-S1 is a useful tool for work, as will be the DPT-RP1. I love paper for novels or finished books but the Sony is terrific for allowing me to make sketches and take notes while I write code. A lot of my notes are disposable so deleting the page is ok, something I can't do with paper.

I had to laugh when the video showed a ballpoint pen. Anybody who loves writing hates ballpoint pens. Writing with a ballpoint pen is like writing with a nail. I use beautiful fountain pens from Pelikan for my writing. They just glide over the page. Still, that's not enough to override the advantages of the DPT-S1 and DPT-RP1.

Last edited by LarryNYC; 04-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #679
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Does anyone else receive an
Quote:
Error

Update confirmation failed.
Please try again later.
when checking for updates?
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote