Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 PM   #16
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Just don't drop it. You should be fine.
Or expose it to twisting or bending forces, direct screen pressure, or temperature extremes (eg left in a car)/sudden extreme changes in temp (eg brought in from sub zero weather and put in front of the fire). And put it in a good cover. Treat it like it has an extremely thin pane of glass in it. Which it does.

I've had four Kobos (very similar to Kindles, structurally), in covers, taken everywhere, but mindfully so. Including one going to and fro from school in an upper primary/middle schooler's backpack. Not one has broken. I'm sure my luck will break eventually and I'll accidentally fling one across the room or leave it where the cat can knock it off the table; such is life.

Last edited by meeera; 03-03-2017 at 10:30 PM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:03 PM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Or expose it to twisting or bending forces, direct screen pressure, or temperature extremes (eg left in a car)/sudden extreme changes in temp (eg brought in from sub zero weather and put in front of the fire). And put it in a good cover. Treat it like it has an extremely thin pane of glass in it. Which it does.

I've had four Kobos (very similar to Kindles, structurally), in covers, taken everywhere, but mindfully so. Including one going to and fro from school in an upper primary/middle schooler's backpack. Not one has broken. I'm sure my luck will break eventually and I'll accidentally fling one across the room or leave it where the cat can knock it off the table; such is life.
Or drop it in a bathtub full of hot water.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #18
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Smile K4NT for $14.95 on Woot right now...

K4NT for $14.95 on Woot right now...

http://computers.woot.com/plus/kindl...t_cp_crum_2_wp
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I see the Kindle Keyboard for $14.99 and the K4NT for $24.99.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:53 AM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I see the Kindle Keyboard for $14.99 and the K4NT for $24.99.
...and they're all sold out.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #21
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Or drop it in a bathtub full of hot water.
Mine's an H2O, and I don't bathe in water hot enough to destroy it from the temperature. (Or mostly at all; I'm more of a shower person.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Mine's an H2O, and I don't bathe in water hot enough to destroy it from the temperature. (Or mostly at all; I'm more of a shower person.)
Besides, if you bathed in water hot enough to damage an H2O right away, you'd be scalded.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #23
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Besides, if you bathed in water hot enough to damage an H2O right away, you'd be scalded.
Have you been talking to my husband? You mean red isn't a good skin color.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Have you been talking to my husband? You mean red isn't a good skin color.
Red is not a good skin color. You'll need to slather on lots of aloe to try to heal the burn.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote