Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #151
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My first effort on the PW 2013 will be to download my catalog and all my eBooks and then charge overnight while all the indexing proceeds. I won't even look at it until the next day.

FEDEX informs me my unit is now on its way to a Post Office 5 miles from my house. They still project an October 3rd delivery. However, its possible I may receive it tomorrow, Oct 2nd.

With the Federal Government shutting down in stages its even possible the Post Office may close tomorrow and I won't see the unit for weeks or months. Thank you Congress for expediting my delivery.

Amazingly Amazon still shows an Oct 2nd delivery date. Maybe they know something that FEDEX does not know.

I still have my great PW 2012 and my KFHD732 2012. My KFHDX732-2013 is due on Oct 18. I hope Amazon doesn't rely on FEDEX / Smartpost if the Post Office is out of business at that time.
The U.S. Post Office is independently funded and will not be shutting down, so you should be in good shape. I got my PW cover in 2 days (prime 2-day delivery) through the Post Office. I was a little leary about that, but it worked out.

My PW2 is due tomorrow, but arrived this morning at UPS. Guess it will sit until tomorrow, which is what 2-day delivery is all about.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #152
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Out for delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Delivery Estimate Wednesday, October 2, 2013 by 8:00pm
Out for delivery - October 1, 2013 7:29:00 AM

Quote:
...as has mine (without a serial number)!
There's a serial number assigned now!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #153
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
The unit arrived at the local post office at 8:25 AM today. FEDEX noted it could take one or two days additional to get to me. Thus, Oct 2nd is still a possibility.

Edit 12:15 PM: Unit arrived one day earlier than Amazon projection via regular mail carrier.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #154
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool It's arrived!

Quote:
Out for delivery - October 1, 2013 7:29:00 AM

There's a serial number assigned now!
...and it's now been delivered. I've plugged it into the charger and...am now done with the initial startup and settings an am waiting for the green light!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #155
Darkuul
Darkuul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Mine seems to be right on track for tomorrow, as it's already crossed the country and reached the state. Sadly that delivery is not final step for me, as I don't live in the US, tomorrow it gets delivered to my courier and it usually takes around 9 days to get to my hands... so I guess I'll be glued to Mobileread and feed off from those of you who get your devices and post about them :P
Darkuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #156
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Just placed my order for a KPW-2 w S/O--says in stock and with Amazon Prime is scheduled to be here on 10/3. I wanted the one without special offers, but per Amazon, it's not in stock until 10/11. Figured I could just pay the $20 after it arrives and remove them at that time. Actually I'll wait to see if they annoy me too much, and if not I'll probably just save the $20.

I'm pretty excited--I was waiting for reviews of the PW2, and initial reviews here seem very positive. (Also had to wait until today, because I just received a Amazon gift card today that paid for the KPW2. )

I've been reading on Sonys--have a 350 and a 650. I really like the Sonys, but wanted a ready with a built in light. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to use the Sonys--the 350 for sure, as I light the small size for carrying around with me. Only downside I can see is having to convert all my books to mobi/azw for use on the KPW, but Calibre will make that fairly easy--also since the books will be in different formats on my Sonys and the KPW, it'll make it harder to switch between devices--no auto-syncing.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #157
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Mine arrived a day earlier than what Amazon had promised (10/2). It's good to get things earlier than expected.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #158
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Smile Out for delivery...

I got my serial number and my PW2 is out for delivery.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #159
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Just placed my order for a KPW-2 w S/O--says in stock and with Amazon Prime is scheduled to be here on 10/3. I wanted the one without special offers, but per Amazon, it's not in stock until 10/11. Figured I could just pay the $20 after it arrives and remove them at that time. Actually I'll wait to see if they annoy me too much, and if not I'll probably just save the $20.

I'm pretty excited--I was waiting for reviews of the PW2, and initial reviews here seem very positive. (Also had to wait until today, because I just received a Amazon gift card today that paid for the KPW2. )

I've been reading on Sonys--have a 350 and a 650. I really like the Sonys, but wanted a ready with a built in light. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to use the Sonys--the 350 for sure, as I light the small size for carrying around with me. Only downside I can see is having to convert all my books to mobi/azw for use on the KPW, but Calibre will make that fairly easy--also since the books will be in different formats on my Sonys and the KPW, it'll make it harder to switch between devices--no auto-syncing.

Hey, long time no see !!!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #160
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Hey, long time no see !!!
I've been hanging out here, but not posting much

Pretty excited about getting the KPW2, though. It shows as shipped with a delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'm a little anxious about all the reports of pinhole problems, but hoping for the best!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #161
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Mine arrived a day earlier than what Amazon had promised (10/2). It's good to get things earlier than expected.
Good that someone got the good luck. Amazon said they'd ship on the 30th, claimed they shipped on the 1st, actually shipped it on the 2nd. The delivery date was the 2nd, and I'm still waiting at this point. Lame.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #162
Selrond
Selrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Touch
The awaited email about the fact my kindle has been shipped has finally come! :-) wondering whether it will come sooner than claimed (21th October) or not... Hope it will!
Selrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #163
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
My international order on PaperWhite 2 from Amazon.com is "Shipping Now". The international orders start shipping today, October 15th.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #164
Indigo121
Enthusiast
Indigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook
In the international order page it said "Starts shipping on the 15th of October". I guess "start" was the key word, because now that it's the 15th it says "In stock on the 22th"...
Indigo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #165
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo121 View Post
In the international order page it said "Starts shipping on the 15th of October". I guess "start" was the key word, because now that it's the 15th it says "In stock on the 22th"...
They probably have just pre-sold the initial stock allocated for international shipment. Mine, pre-ordered in September, changed to "Shipping Now" status today.

No serial number yet, though.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote