Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
macinalli
macinalli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Ghost image when turned off

Hi,
My PRS-T1 is displaying a ghost image that doesn't go away even when the reader is powered off. I've tried both a soft and hard reset but no luck. Is it simply a case of a busted screen?
macinalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Depends how bad it is, e-ink screens tend to ghost a little bit usually the next page refresh clears it up. If it isn't severe and if it goes away after a couple of refreshes I think it's normal but if it's something that is there all the time probably not.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
macinalli
macinalli began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Depends how bad it is, e-ink screens tend to ghost a little bit usually the next page refresh clears it up. If it isn't severe and if it goes away after a couple of refreshes I think it's normal but if it's something that is there all the time probably not.
This has now been there for a couple of weeks and still no sign of it going! The image itself is part of the text telling you that the reader is in sleep mode and stays there whether the reader is on/off.......
macinalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinalli View Post
This has now been there for a couple of weeks and still no sign of it going! The image itself is part of the text telling you that the reader is in sleep mode and stays there whether the reader is on/off.......
Then it sounds like the screen/hardware is indeed damaged unfortunately their incredibly delicate devices when they should really be made to take a bit of abuse.

I managed to get my first T1 replaced where I bought it as it died in the first year if you haven't had it long it might be worth a try, I think the only other real option is sending it off to Sony.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote