Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
A list of Epub readers? Any 'gotchas'?

I got one of those 1st gen Kindle fires that was on sale recently and am waiting for it to arrive.

Can someone point to a list of ereader software that works on 1st gen Fires and that can handle Epubs? and point to any special instructions on how to side load such an app to the 1st gen Fire?

I have a lot of Kobo books, many with DRM, many without. And quite a few Smashword books mostly without DRM. All were originally read with a Sony PRS300 or 350. A few were read on my droid Bionic with MoonReader Pro or Aldiko. Since I like MoonReader and paid money for it, if I had my 'druthers', I'd use it as my Epub reader on the Fire.

Any advice on how to not make my library obsolete would be appreciated.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 04-05-2013 at 09:48 AM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
This should help you with loading apps that aren't in the Amazon appstore...
http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/yes-you...e-kindle-fire/

As for reading apps some of the most popular for ePub's are...
Mantano (supports Adobe & B&N DRM)
Aldiko (supports Adobe & B&N DRM)
BlueFire (supports Adobe & B&N DRM)
Moon+ Pro
Cool Reader
FBReader

Any of those apps should work just fine on your Fire.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Thanks!

That is what I was looking for!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
That is what I was looking for!
Also, if you need help with any of them, there is a lot of info in the Android Forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

And a better place for Fire questions is the MR Kindle Fire Forum. A lot of good information there.