Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast
Bconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel is

Device: android phone
Dogs of War: A Ghost Story

Amazon: A new 25,000 word stand alone novella from the author of the Pandora's Children short story collections.

After divorcing his wife of two years, Gary Lettner thinks he has found the perfect house for himself and Molly, his eight-year-old daschund.

But when the throats of the dead begin to cry out in a voice that only Molly can hear, and when evidence of past atrocities committed in his new home begin to surface, Gary finds himself an unlikely participant in a brutal quest for vengeance.

Sometimes in life, you read about something in the paper or see something on the news that is just so horrible... but you know that true justice will never be discovered. *That's life and that's the world we live in. *Sometimes, as an author, the only way to make sense of it all, the only way to find some sense of justice, is to write your own ending to the story.

This is one such story. *"Dogs of War" is a brutal, heart-wrenching ghost story that attempts to find some justice in this sometimes crazy world we live in.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SHNS0K

BN: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940012191175

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47960

Last edited by Bconvisdmd; 03-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Bconvisdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #2
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Just picked it up. Having read your anthologies, I'm looking forward to this one . Probably won't be able to get to it right away though - but I'll definitely write a review as soon as I'm done.

By the way, any new short stories (or collections) on the way? I quite enjoyed the ones you've written thus far.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast
Bconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel isBconvisdmd really knows where his or her towel is

On Wednesday, "Dogs of War" cracked the top 10 in ghost stories over at Amazon.

And it recently received a wonderful, insightful five star review by one of the editors over at Penumbra Publishing:

Quote:
This was a very surprising and unusual story, certainly not anything expected - but who knows what to expect with a 'ghost story' these days. Nevertheless the story was quite engaging - a literal paranormal dog story, with chilling and sometimes gruesome details, and very poignant characterization of Molly the weiner dog, the animal main character, whose part in the story is told through the point of view of her very caring and responsible owner.

While there were a few typos (not many), overall the book was easy and smooth reading. The pencil(?) drawing on the front cover is intriguing. Readers should be warned that there are detailed references to animal cruelty and also a bit of gory detail regarding what happens to a couple thoughtless and mean people. However, given the nature of the story, these details and references are appropriate and convincing.

Highly recommended for anyone who likes paranormal intrigue. Especially recommended for animal lovers and animal rights proponents. But really anyone who has ever looked into the eyes of a dog and seen a soul residing within will enjoy the message this story delivers.
So if you're a fan of horror or a fan of unusual ghost stories, check it out.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SHNS0K
BN: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dog.../2940012191175
Smashwords for multiple formats: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47960
Old 05-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

I'm giving away copies of my 25,000 word horror/ghost novella "Dogs of War" if you are willing to post a review on Amazon. Here is a link to the book's trailer to pique your interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdwz2CwGccU

If you are interested and willing, the coupon code over at Smashwords is AR76H, where you can download it for free for your Kindle. Honor system, folks; if you download it, please add a review

Thanks,
Bradley Convissar
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Stephanie1981
Enthusiast
Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app
This looks really interesting. Just picked it up on Smashwords; will post a review when I get done with it!
Stephanie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
Stephanie1981
Enthusiast
Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephanie1981 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app
Just wanted to let you know that I just posted a review at Smashwords! Really liked it; will be picking up more of your stuff.
Stephanie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

“Some crimes are too terrible to go unpunished, no matter the cost”

A brutal, heart-wrenching tale of love, sacrifice and revenge

Dogs of War has earned several good reviews (2 five star and 1 four star) at the book’s Amazon page, which you can read if you click over that way. But the story has received good reviews from all around the web:

Quote:
“A really original take on the ghost story. The dogs (esp. Molly) were fantastic characters in their own right, which went well with the theme of the narrator being along for the ride, there to assist sometimes but not truly interfere as the dogs complete their mission” - Stephanie Rabig, Smashwords
Quote:
“Bradley Convissar's book Dogs of war is brilliant! The writing is breathtakingly precise and painful. A ghost story way up on the line with my personal favorite Stephen King books: Cujo and the Pet Sematary.” – Natalie Valentina, Goodreads
Quote:
“I found myself comparing him to Stephen King, mainly because I have a hard time getting into his books, but once I do I am hooked. And it was this way with Dogs of War. I felt there was a lot of detail in the house that wasn’t necessary, honestly I didn’t need to know the colors of the sheet and bedding, but the tale of Molly and the ghosts that haunted her was riveting. I felt the horror that Gary felt when he allowed Molly out on the second ghostly visit and he witnessed her interaction with them. I was horrified when he made a ghastly discovery in the basement and understood Molly’s and the ghosts need for vengeance. It all led up to an ending that did have me hooked, unable to put my kindle down until the conclusion.” -Lisa McCourt Hollar, Jezri’s Nightmares (if you choose to read the full review, the error mentioned has been fixed)

If you are a fan a ghost stories and are looking for something a little different, pick up Dog’s of War.

If you’ve ever looked into your dog’s face and seen something human in their eyes, pick up Dog’s of War.

If the whole Michael Vick saga made you ill, made you feel like justice was not served, pick up Dog’s of War.

If you’re looking for good, old fashioned psychological horror free of zombies, viruses and vampires, pick up Dogs of War.

Only $.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SHNS0
Old 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Bconvisdmd
Enthusiast

New Review

A new review of Dogs of War, my 25,000 word novel, has been posted:

Quote:
This is a ghost story unlike any other. It is emotional, informative (I learned things about daschunds that surprised me) and definitely spooky. It's a short book, but there is so much packed into its pages that it feels like a longer novel. I would recommend this story to ghost story lovers and to dog lovers.
The rest of the review can be found here

If you’re looking for a different type of ghost story, look no further.

Only $.99

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47960

BN http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dog.../2940012191175
\
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SHNS0K

Tags
ghosts, horror, novella, thriller