Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #31
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
version 0.0.4-3 is now up: all info are here, and for downloads direct links are as follows:
for Pro models
for 3XX models
skins

The dictionaries work! pkbo, if you read this: do notes work? Anyway, many many thanks, and karma!

p.s.
The discussion on the Russian forum starts here.
Thank you.

A little navigation help for those that do not speak russian and want to download the file.
Fill in the textbox above the the green button with CAPTCHA (numbers on picture above) and press green button.
On the next page, wait until the timer runs down (if there is timer, you will see seconds counting down), unselect the option in yellow background that will attempt to install something in your browser and then click on link.
You might have to wait between downloading files (or purchase membership on download site ;-) )
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
do notes work?
In short no, they don't work. There is some "notes" functionality in the original CoolReader but I'm not sure how it supposed to be used. It seems it allows selecting some portion of the text and storing it in the .txt files in the bookmarks directory which could be viewed on PC. I did not touch this function yet so text selection should not work. After finishing with dictionary I will try to adopt it for PB.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@kacir: thanks, in the excitement I forgot to explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
In short no, they don't work. There is some "notes" functionality in the original CoolReader but I'm not sure how it supposed to be used. It seems it allows selecting some portion of the text and storing it in the .txt files in the bookmarks directory which could be viewed on PC. I did not touch this function yet so text selection should not work. After finishing with dictionary I will try to adopt it for PB.
thank you so much anyway, looking forward to the next developments!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I currently have it set up as my primary reader for epub, mobi, pdb, rtf, and doc. Fb2 looks better on FBreader for some unexplainable reason.
It is very nicely integrated into the PB360 environment; even the last open startup page works.
Great job.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #35
Tulapi
Connoisseur
Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Tulapi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602, Nook Simple Touch, Inkbook Classic 2, T63 JDRead
Yes, congratulations to the maintaners !

The only thing that prevents me to stop to use FBreader, is that Coolreader use only 4 shades of gray... (at least on 602) I can't stop myself from noticing it in images and antialiasing. I suppose than without access to source code, it is very difficult to implement.

But I may be the only person to be obsessed with such aesthetic details...
Tulapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #36
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
I use CoolReader as my primary reader for epubs. The only problem I find is that it is very slow when using the dictionary. I hope it could be improved. Other then that, thanks a lot to pkbo!
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #37
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Dictionaries work fine, you can not turn page with dictionary open. for me, note taking is a must, but for casual reading where no notes will be taken, then cr3 is EXCELLENT.

I have a question: on bookmarks, where is button 1 for go mode?

I do bookmark, but when i return to go to the bookmarked page, page is replace with the one I am reading,

pkbo: thanks for these efforts!!

Quote:
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #38
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Meanwhile I use CR as primary too, although my wife insists on using fbreader180, because of "clicking" when reading in bed

CR180 would be the best thing ever...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #39
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Dictionaries work fine, you can not turn page with
In the latest version you should be able to turn pages. For now it uses keymaps.ini in the dictionary mode not global PB key mapping. I'm going to fix it in the next version. I.e. you either use an older version or you didn't update keymaps.ini when installed new version or your key settings do not match default values ('Forward button' for next page and 'Backward' button for the previous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
I have a question: on bookmarks, where is button 1 for go mode?
I think that 'Button 1' is 'Forward' button. I did not know that English translation is so bad in PB.

Besides switching mode you can use long "OK" to replace bookmark in the 'GO' mode or to GO to bookmark in the 'SET' mode.

PS: On my PB 360 bookmarks dialog is open in 'Go to bookmark' mode since this mode also allows to set bookmark if you select an empty slot. It looks like in case of PRO series the default mode is 'Set bookmark'. PB developers changed a lot of things with no obvious reason .
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #40
edge71
Enthusiast
edge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshesedge71 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Inkpad3
Hi pkbo thanks for your great job!!!!

A question the bookmarks are saved in cr3log file not in bookmarks directory. How can I delete a bookmark?

Thanks
edge71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #41
pkbo
Addict

Bookmarks are saved in the .cr3hist file. At present you can't remove bookmark, you can only replace it by a new one in the bookmarks dialog.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #42
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@pkbo: one question regarding images. I have tried to modify the css file for EPUB by inserting the "width: 100%" in the various images parts, but when viewing the file nothing changes. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?
Many thanks!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #43
pkbo
Addict

I think Coolreader ignores width property for images. Are you trying to scale images to fit page width? CoolReader can scale images but unfortunatelly it is controlled by compilation flag and now it is turned off. I already have in my TODO feature request to introduce user setting to turn image scaling on or off.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #44
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I think Coolreader ignores width property for images. Are you trying to scale images to fit page width?
yes - though any type of scaling would do for me. With my limited knowledge I thought that would be the easiest option.

Quote:
CoolReader can scale images but unfortunatelly it is controlled by compilation flag and now it is turned off. I already have in my TODO feature request to introduce user setting to turn image scaling on or off.
I will wait for this eagerly, it is my biggest gripe - and again thank you so much for all your work, this is a great port!
Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #45
paola
Wizard

good for us, pkbo is unstoppable, new version available:
for the Pro and 360plus
for the 3XX
for list of changes see here
skins are the same. Please see Kacir's message n. 31 in this thread for downloading instructions.