Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Calibre loading wrong book

I admit that I'm stumped. I have a Kindle book that I am trying to load into Calibre. Every time I click 'add book' to add this book, it loads a completely different book. I have tried deleting the file entirely and reloading it fresh, but it still keeps loading the wrong book. What on earth..?
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I admit that I'm stumped. I have a Kindle book that I am trying to load into Calibre. Every time I click 'add book' to add this book, it loads a completely different book. I have tried deleting the file entirely and reloading it fresh, but it still keeps loading the wrong book. What on earth..?
Just to make sure your adding the right book. Go to the book you want to add and copy to a new directory so it is all by itself. Now open that copied book in a viewer so you are sure it is what you think. Then add that book to calibre and see what happens.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 AM   #3
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Just to make sure your adding the right book. Go to the book you want to add and copy to a new directory so it is all by itself. Now open that copied book in a viewer so you are sure it is what you think. Then add that book to calibre and see what happens.
Thanks for the reply! I still don't know what the heck happened, but I managed to get the right copy loaded into Calibre. I was indeed adding the right book, but it was loading into Calibre as a completely different file. Just to check, I went into my K4PC and opened the book. I have no idea why, but while the correct book was loading, the book file header was the wrong file -it wasn't even a Kindle file to begin with. I ended up having to go into the K4PC folders and deleting all the files associated with this book, and then went to Amazon to re-download a copy. Then I liberated it, and I was able to successfully load the book into Calibre and convert it (which was what I wanted to do all along because it's a Topaz book and the font was driving me crazy).

I still have no idea how this all happened, though.

Last edited by JLeighs; 02-02-2011 at 12:39 AM.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I still don't know what the heck happened, but I managed to get the right copy loaded into Calibre.
Your welcome. I'm glad the universe tilted back in your direction.

Quote:
I still have no idea how this all happened, though.
Let's hope you never run into this anomaly again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote