Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
LazyReaper
Junior Member
LazyReaper began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2010
Device: Kobo
Got a new computer; Can't transfer library or reset eReader

So I've been at this for nearly 3 hours now and I don't know what to do anymore. I got a new computer a while back and loaded all of my ebooks into it. This morning I bought another book from Kobo and decided to load that into my eReader.

Well, for some reason I can't sync my library into my eReader anymore via the Kobo Desktop Software. So I added my purchased DRM books in Calibre and tried to load them that way. Still nothing. I tried to do it through Adobe Digital Editions, but it kept giving me an error loading them saying that the ePub had already been fulfilled by another user, even though I had signed in with my Adobe ID.

The computer is authorized and so is the eReader. So I'm not seeing what the issue is. I've tried re-downloading my library from Kobo, but when it opens in Digital Editions, it again says the order has been fulfilled, etc.

What can I do here? I'm only having trouble with all of the eBooks I've legally purchased. Everything else has been completely fine. I can't even reset my Kobo completely. I've tried the factory default and the pin reset, yet my info (email, etc) is still saved on there when I go under settings.

I own the original non-wifi Kobo. Any advice would be really appreciated.
LazyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 3,238
Karma: 23878043
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
If you still have the old computer, sign out of your Kobo account on it.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
pdurrant's Avatar
 
Posts: 68,605
Karma: 295798268
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norfolk, England
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyReaper View Post
So I've been at this for nearly 3 hours now and I don't know what to do anymore. I got a new computer a while back and loaded all of my ebooks into it. This morning I bought another book from Kobo and decided to load that into my eReader.

Well, for some reason I can't sync my library into my eReader anymore via the Kobo Desktop Software. So I added my purchased DRM books in Calibre and tried to load them that way. Still nothing. I tried to do it through Adobe Digital Editions, but it kept giving me an error loading them saying that the ePub had already been fulfilled by another user, even though I had signed in with my Adobe ID.

The computer is authorized and so is the eReader. So I'm not seeing what the issue is. I've tried re-downloading my library from Kobo, but when it opens in Digital Editions, it again says the order has been fulfilled, etc.

What can I do here? I'm only having trouble with all of the eBooks I've legally purchased. Everything else has been completely fine. I can't even reset my Kobo completely. I've tried the factory default and the pin reset, yet my info (email, etc) is still saved on there when I go under settings.

I own the original non-wifi Kobo. Any advice would be really appreciated.
It sounds to me like your old computer might not have been authorised to your Adobe ID. Do you still have your old computer? If so, DO NOT authorise to your Adobe ID.

This kind of mess is another reason to make the acquaintance of Apprentice Alf.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
LazyReaper
Junior Member
LazyReaper began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: May 2010
Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
If you still have the old computer, sign out of your Kobo account on it.
Wish I did, but unfortunately it died. All of my eBooks and old files are coming from an external hard drive or DVD backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It sounds to me like your old computer might not have been authorised to your Adobe ID. Do you still have your old computer? If so, DO NOT authorise to your Adobe ID.

This kind of mess is another reason to make the acquaintance of Apprentice Alf.
I'm thinking that too, because I do remember that all of my old purchased eBooks were downloaded and synced via Digital Editions on that computer.

Also, I went to Apprentice Alf to get the plugins for Calibre, but none of them seem to be working on the Kobo eBooks.

I also just got off the phone with Kobo support to see if they could do anything about the software or DRM issues. They said they're going to send me an SD Card to get the latest update. (I'm pretty sure I already have it, but we'll see what happens, I guess. :/)
LazyReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
PeterT's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,583
Karma: 66924113
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Alf only works on the ePubs; not the Kobo ePub variety.

One option might be to redownload the ADE based version on the new PC from the Kobo website, and then, via the joys of the Apprentice (You're FIRED) add the DRM free versions to Calibre. At least this time, the versions downloaded via ADE will also be tied to your Adobe ID.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
pdurrant's Avatar
 
Posts: 68,605
Karma: 295798268
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norfolk, England
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One option might be to redownload the ADE based version on the new PC from the Kobo website, and then, via the joys of the Apprentice (You're FIRED) add the DRM free versions to Calibre. At least this time, the versions downloaded via ADE will also be tied to your Adobe ID.
Unfortunately, since it costs money to authorise an ebook to an Adobe ID ($0.11per book, IIRC), once an ebook is bought and linked to one ADE installation, any re-download will also be linked to that ADE installation.

This is why it's so vital to register ADE with an Adobe ID instead of just using it with it's default registration info, which is machine-specific.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
pdurrant's Avatar
 
Posts: 68,605
Karma: 295798268
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Norfolk, England
Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyReaper View Post
Also, I went to Apprentice Alf to get the plugins for Calibre, but none of them seem to be working on the Kobo eBooks.
Detailed discussions of the tools are not permitted here. I don't hold out much hope, but your could ask at Alf's blog, giving details especially of your old computer and its hard disk.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Computer--Best way to transfer e-books over SlowRain General Discussions 15 08-19-2010 04:29 PM
How do I transfer library to new ereader? gdaydigger Kobo Reader 8 08-13-2010 12:03 PM
PRS-300 Transfer to new computer denmarks Sony Reader 1 10-07-2009 12:21 PM
Sony Ebook Library for Mac books won't transfer to Ereader new Sony Reader 2 08-31-2009 09:35 PM
How Do I Transfer Library to Another Computer? Michele Sony Reader 2 11-24-2008 12:39 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.