Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
omagedon
Edge User

Windows/Mac Program to factory reset your device?

It would be wonderful if there was a way for us to reset the device to factory defaults? I know there is a way but if something gets corrupted from an update or something else? Since, right now I see is to return it to Entourage to get it fixed....

A simple program like what Apple does on iTunes to restore iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone would be really beneficial and probably save Entourage money instead of us returning the device when it goes caput.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

That's Windows/Mac/Linux utility...

Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
davisard
Edge User

Amen to that Linux brother.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
olivers
Edge User

Yes on this one!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Yellowman1
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by omagedon View Post
It would be wonderful if there was a way for us to reset the device to factory defaults? I know there is a way but if something gets corrupted from an update or something else? Since, right now I see is to return it to Entourage to get it fixed....

A simple program like what Apple does on iTunes to restore iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone would be really beneficial and probably save Entourage money instead of us returning the device when it goes caput.
I am not sure if you updated your eDGe recently, but my friend just got his about a week ago and there is an option under "Settings" to reset the system to factory default (without having to send it back to Entourage).

Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Omagedon,

I could use such a program right now. My Edge is not booting. Actually, it does boot but I keep getting "The application com.android.sdksetup has stopped unexpectantly" message. And if I press the "force close" button, it keeps coming back. And I can't get to the "settings" "reset the system to factory default." There is no way to do this via physical buttons????

Old 07-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
drsteve
Edge User

I believe this may help

1. Download Golden Update from Entourage here: http://www.entourageedge.com/support...ate.golden.zip

2. Rename the file to update.zip then copy the update to the root of an SD card and pop the SD card in your eDGe

3. Press and hold "rotate" and "menu" buttons and turn on your eDGe using power button. You need to hold "rotate" and "menu" for about 7 seconds to start firmware update process.

I believe this ought to factory reset your edge.

Last edited by drsteve; 07-11-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #8
keng2000
Edge User

APPLE iphone/ipod need itune for re-format because it has no removable storage.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
APPLE iphone/ipod need itune for re-format because it has no removable storage.
It also means your iDevice must be online before you do the update so Apple can block the update if they feel you've tampered with the device or update file. All part of Mr Jobs' control plan. At least the eDGe doesn't care which way I hold it to work as advertised

Old 07-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsteve View Post
I believe this may help

1. Download Golden Update from Entourage here: http://www.entourageedge.com/support...ate.golden.zip

2. Rename the file to update.zip then copy the update to the root of an SD card and pop the SD card in your eDGe

3. Press and hold "rotate" and "menu" buttons and turn on your eDGe using power button. You need to hold "rotate" and "menu" for about 7 seconds to start firmware update process.

I believe this ought to factory reset your edge.
Yup. This did the trick. But I got the instructions from the helpful tech support. I am happy again.