Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Hayworth
Hayworth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Selling in Amazon USA and Amazon Spain

I am a Spanish publisher. Amanzon is not selling e-books in Spain, but they will do it soon. Actually we are selling some e-books in amazon.COM (we have a Bank account in USA). Mi doubt is: When Amazon begins to sell e-books in Spain, the books that we upload to amazon.ES (Spain) will be visible in amazon.COM (USA) and American people could buy it? Or we have to maintain our account in USA and upload the books to both sites: amazon.COM and amazon.ES?

Have somebody this experience with, for example, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com? People that are selling in both countries have to upload the same e-books twice, one to Amazon Britain and another to USA.

Thank you.
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I think you will be able to sell them at both sites. I think you can sell them on the US site now and might even be able to click a box to make them available to people in Spain from the US site.

I think
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I think ProfCrash is right. If you sell at Amazon.Com, you are free to specify which countries the book will be available in. But that doesn't mean that, if you put Spain in that list, that the book will automatically appear in Amazon in Spain. It only means that people in Spain will be able to purchase it from the US.

Your best bet would be to maintain accounts in both countries (and any other country where Amazon has a presence where you think there is a market for your products). That will give the book the greates exposure.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Hayworth
Hayworth began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for your answers. It is true, you are right: in my Amazon panel I can publish the books in amazon.co.uk, BUT I can’t in Germany (amazon.de), or Italy (amazon.it), or France (amazon.fr). I think the system is still “under construction”…

Anyway, I am interested only in countries where some people speak Spanish. My doubt now is: when Amazon comes to Spain can it be done the other way round? Will I be able to have a principal account (join to Spanish Bank account) in amazon.ES and specify there the countries where the book will be available in, for example USA. I suppose this must be a frequent case with British publishers before Amazon sold eBooks in amazon.co.uk. Is it possible to move the account from one country to another? For us to have a bank account in USA is a nightmare. On the other hand, I think is not a good idea to have many repositories; just one is enough. We do not want to publish a lot of books in USA and then the books remain "caught" there.

Thanks again.
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote