Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2021, 06:19 AM   #1
mjeshurun
mjeshurun began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Capacitive nibs for LAMY AL-star black EMR Stylus?

Hello Friends,
I used to own the Onyx Boox Note 3 tablet, which I used with a LAMY AL-star black EMR Stylus.
Recently, I sold the Boox tablet and bought an iPad Pro.
Does anyone know if there are capacitive nibs available for the Lamy stylus that will make it touch compatible with the iPad?
I realize this will not work in the same way the Apple Pencil works with Bluetooth, but at least it would allow me to use a pen nib that is more precise in size compared to my fingers when writing on the screen.
The standard EMR stylus nibs are not touch capacitive compatible.
Hope someone can help.

Last edited by mjeshurun; 11-03-2021 at 06:21 AM.
mjeshurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeshurun View Post
Hello Friends,
I used to own the Onyx Boox Note 3 tablet, which I used with a LAMY AL-star black EMR Stylus.
Recently, I sold the Boox tablet and bought an iPad Pro.
Does anyone know if there are capacitive nibs available for the Lamy stylus that will make it touch compatible with the iPad?
I realize this will not work in the same way the Apple Pencil works with Bluetooth, but at least it would allow me to use a pen nib that is more precise in size compared to my fingers when writing on the screen.
The standard EMR stylus nibs are not touch capacitive compatible.
Hope someone can help.
I don't think anybody makes those. You might be able to hack one together from another capacitive stylus. But I think you might have a better experience with one of those cheap $25 Apple Pencil clones.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
I don't think anybody makes those. You might be able to hack one together from another capacitive stylus. But I think you might have a better experience with one of those cheap $25 Apple Pencil clones.
Yep, this. The clones use technology similar to the official Logitech Crayon ($69) and are just as good as the original Apple Pencil for note taking. I think you may even be able to get them cheaper from AliExpress (albeit much longer shipping time).

Caveat, the clones only work on iPads released 2018 or newer. They won't work with the 2015-2017 iPad Pros (with TouchID/Home Button).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #4
mjeshurun
mjeshurun began at the beginning.

Device: none
@salamanderjuice @ilovejedd
Thank you for your suggestions 🙏
I will check those pens.
mjeshurun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capacitive, ipad, stylus