Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2021, 02:13 AM   #196
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A I have to admit to some admiration for the way that Gabrielle Peters conflated immunocompromised and disabled as though they were synonymous.
Does she conflate them inappropriately? People usually aren't taking immunosuppressants for shits and giggles, and immunocompromising illnesses also typically occur in a serious medical context, not just in isolation. As it turns out, she is a wheelchair user with chronic illness (I'm guessing autoimmune).

In addition, serious allergies are considered "disabilities" in terms of disability discrimination regulations.

Can Canadians not access an AZ or J&J COVID vaccine if they need to? If not, that's a problem. This writer is low-income, and likely cannot just trot off to another country to access a vaccine that should be available to her. It's also possible she has medical contraindications to an AZ vaccine (for example, lupus coagulant, common in autoimmune disorders, is considered a contraindication here). It would be very rare to have both that and PEG allergy, but not impossible.

Last edited by meeera; 08-28-2021 at 02:17 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #197
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Today is World CLL Day.

Thank You for Getting Vaccinated
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:04 AM   #198
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
A friend who was jabbed with his first dose, had headaches for weeks afterwards. Thankfully he is okay now, but a woman died of the side effects a couple of weeks ago, complaining of headaches all the time.Apparently it had caused blood clotting in her brain,and was reported as being an 'extremely rare'
condition/circumstance.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #199
meeera
Wizard
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O2, iPadMini4, MBP; support AuraHD,Kindle,KAura
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
A friend who was jabbed with his first dose, had headaches for weeks afterwards. Thankfully he is okay now, but a woman died of the side effects a couple of weeks ago, complaining of headaches all the time.Apparently it had caused blood clotting in her brain,and was reported as being an 'extremely rare'
condition/circumstance.
Yes, that's VITT (VIPIT, various other names). It's been very well described for quite a few months now. Occurs only with the adenoviral based vaccines. Nine deaths so far in Australia, and quite a few others with ongoing medical problems. Any headache, abdominal pain, or other unusual symptoms with onset 4-21 days after an adenoviral COVID vaccine should be urgently assessed. Younger people and women are most at risk.

Last edited by meeera; 09-04-2021 at 08:31 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #200
poohbear_nc
Bring It On!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well, another grim milestone, deaths in NC now > 15,000
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #201
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well, another grim milestone, deaths in NC now > 15,000
I saw NCDHHS is reporting that 30% of the cases now are in kids. Something like 90% of the school clusters are sports teams.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #202
mlewis78
Addict
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I just learned that my niece and her daughter recently had Covid. She says they are better now. She tested negative on August 26 and positive the next week. She teaches 6th grade. Says they wear masks but there is no social distancing. Her daughter is 7, and therefore was unvaccinated. (My niece was fully vaccinated.) They live in Chapel Hill, NC.

Also l learned through the same family group text that my brother’s woman friend has Covid now. She had it in August 2020. She was fully vaccinated this year. My brother hasn’t had it. They live in a small town north of Atlanta, Georgia.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:27 AM   #203
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I went to an in-person Scottish Country Dancing class for the first time since February 2020 last Monday. On Tuesday afternoon I was told that someone at the class tested positive in a routine test on Tuesday morning (they are a nurse, so presumably had also tested negative on Monday morning).

Although in the UK it's no longer a legal obligation for me to self-isolate for ten days, that's what I'm doing.

Cases, hospital admission and deaths are currently on the rise in the UK, although far less than they would have been without the vaccination programme.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #204
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I went to an in-person Scottish Country Dancing class for the first time since February 2020 last Monday. On Tuesday afternoon I was told that someone at the class tested positive in a routine test on Tuesday morning (they are a nurse, so presumably had also tested negative on Monday morning).

Although in the UK it's no longer a legal obligation for me to self-isolate for ten days, that's what I'm doing.

Cases, hospital admission and deaths are currently on the rise in the UK, although far less than they would have been without the vaccination programme.
North Carolina recorded 11,337 positive cases on September 11. That is second highest case total we have had since the pandemic began and second only to last January 9. There were 11,708 on January 9th after the end of Christmas festivities. One can only assume that this total is tied to Labor Day weekend and college football parties.

Every person that I work with (in a 12 person office) that has children in public school has had to take the children out of school at least once for testing after direct contact tracing since school started.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #205
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, 10th gen Kindle
Meanwhile, in Illinois, September 3rd was the highest day of COVID cases in the last 28, and it was the 72nd highest day ever. And it looks like things are flattening out or even maybe trending a bit downward.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #206
poohbear_nc
Bring It On!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"North Carolina is at an all-time pandemic high for the number of patients on a ventilator. There are currently 689 COVID patients on a ventilator in the state. That's up four from Tuesday."

Setting even more new records. Several counties are running out of ambulances - staff shortages.
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #207
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Getting too close for comfort. People I have direct contact with are now testing positive. I'm fully vaccinated, but so were they. I'd just as soon not have to put my vaccine to the test, thankyouverymuch.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #208
poohbear_nc
Bring It On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Getting too close for comfort. People I have direct contact with are now testing positive. I'm fully vaccinated, but so were they. I'd just as soon not have to put my vaccine to the test, thankyouverymuch.
I've never stopped wearing a mask in public places or when around other people - regardless of vaccination status.
Old Today, 03:42 AM   #209
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, 10th gen Kindle
You do know that masks do way more to protect others from you if you're positive than they do to protect you from others if they're positive, right?

Not that they don't protect you a little.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote