Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-31-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Question Onyx Boox Mira and Mira Pro

Hi, I just saw this. Looks very interesting. I'll let the full video and the resume of the Mira version.
I have one question to start: I tought that the next move for onyx was a 2 in 1 or a 13.3 color lumi...they instead release a monitor that cost the same as a reader but do less? (than the Lumi...)
They look very cool but I wanted a new Lumi powerfull to replace my Note2...
The 23 monitor is sooooo cool!

Resume of Mira:
https://youtu.be/iI82terASZI

Resume of Mira Pro
https://youtu.be/WT031cs-tjo

Full Chinese presentation
https://youtu.be/NJDvZpdnCFI

Last edited by dkccerbero; 06-01-2021 at 06:43 AM.
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Some info in english https://goodereader.com/blog/e-paper...-e-ink-monitor
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2021, 06:43 AM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The 13.3 inch Mira is availble for ordering

https://ereader.store/en/13-3-inch-s...sories-98.html

The Mira Pro should be available in the next few weeks.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I’ve only spent a few hours on my Mira (vs a year on my Dasung HD-F) and it seems fine. A little slower with more ghosting than the Dasung but not too bad. The Mira is much more portable (which is important for me), and the housing is much better designed. Also the lighting seems better on the Mira, I have to use an external lamp on the Dasung.

I'm on a Mac, and hope it will get better with a desktop app (and maybe software updates for the device).
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:01 PM   #5
RandomBoy
RandomBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
I’ve only spent a few hours on my Mira (vs a year on my Dasung HD-F) and it seems fine. A little slower with more ghosting than the Dasung but not too bad. The Mira is much more portable (which is important for me), and the housing is much better designed. Also the lighting seems better on the Mira, I have to use an external lamp on the Dasung.

I'm on a Mac, and hope it will get better with a desktop app (and maybe software updates for the device).
Does the Mira have Wacom EMR at all?
RandomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #6
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post

Can you please create a short video while you work on it? I am seriously thinking about a buying a Mira Pro but it's a lot of money. ;-)
Old 10-18-2021, 08:37 AM   #7
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I am seriously thinking about a buying a Mira Pro but it's a lot of money. ;-)
Zowie! Boox says $1800. https://shop.boox.com/products/mira?...41432518262947
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post

Yes it's an absurd amount of money for a monitor but on the other side if I stare on it every day for 10+ hours (work + some leisure time) it still might be a good investment for my eyes.

I will think about it a little bit more.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:37 PM   #9
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, don't be such a wimp. Get a decent size Eink display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mbta2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	401.4 KB
ID:	189688  
Old 10-19-2021, 04:51 AM   #10
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Oh, don't be such a wimp. Get a decent size Eink display.
Sure, why not get three straight away? One in the front and one on the left and the right.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:58 AM   #11
joblack
Wizard

I ordered a Mira Pro last week. We'll see what how it will be the experience with it.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:10 PM   #12
Renate
Wizard

I hope it works out well.
I am concerned that although the Mira Pro specs at 3200x1800, the fine print tells you to use it at 1400x1050!
First of all, that's 1/4 as many pixels.
3200:1800 = 16:9 "HDMI"
1400x1050 = 4/3 "VGA"
Also, it says no AMD GPU!
Old 11-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #13
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
I hope it works out well.
I am concerned that although the Mira Pro specs at 3200x1800, the fine print tells you to use it at 1400x1050!
First of all, that's 1/4 as many pixels.
3200:1800 = 16:9 "HDMI"
1400x1050 = 4/3 "VGA"
Also, it says no AMD GPU!
Hehe, we'll see. I also have an AMD GPU but I don't think it won't work. Maybe the additional app has some problems.

The 1400x1050 is a suggested resolutions. Maybe it's a special mode with dithering? Different modes for different workflows can be set up.

I am happy with the full resolution and 16 colors grey scaling. I will probably (hopefully) use it mainly for work, reading and productive endeavors anyway. ^^

Last edited by joblack; 11-10-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:58 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard

We're all waiting with bated breath for your review.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:45 AM   #15
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
We're all waiting with bated breath for your review.

If I will still have the nerves after connecting and configuring all the stuff maybe yes ...

Tags
onyx boox mira