Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-02-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
For Android eink devices anyway to use native keyboards like Gboard?

Not sure if this has been asked before so didn't want to open an issue as a feature request on GitHub if it had.

I find Gboard far easier to type on than the supplied keyboard in Koreader. Is this something that could be implemented in future releases?

Many thanks !!
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
mergen3107
Evangelist
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Kon-Tiki 2
This question was raised a few times before. The answer is no. What exactly would like to have changed in the keyboard? There was a complete overhaul of keyboard recently which included many new features to make keyboard more useful
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Gboard is ghastly and also may sometimes communicate with Google. I replace it with a different keyboard (according to screen size and type). I managed to have the "Hacker's Keyboard" work on eink Mars for the Jota note taking after changing some settings.

I also have a 3rd party mapping tool for external USB or BT keyboards on any device, though at least Android has more layouts than it used to have for the Gboard. I also disable mic / assistant on tablets/phones as it uses a Google server. Yet nearly 15 years ago we had decent local voice recognition on gadgets and car radios (25 years ago on PCs)

I find the KOReader keyboard fine.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:35 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
In principle I don't think this should be terribly different from the other topic about hardware keyboards https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=341871 (but I haven't checked; there might be a few extra complications).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote