Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-26-2021, 07:47 AM   #1
sofia915
sofia915 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Question Kobo daily reading stats same on Kindle? How?

Hi, so I've installed KOreader to get stats similar to the ones that Kindle has, but just realized I can't read books I borrow from the library via Overdrive on KOreader.

I love outside the U.S. so I only have Overdrive on the Kobo. I bought the Kobo specifically for Overdrive, but I really miss the detailed stats on the Kindle.

Is there any way to get something similar on the Kobo aside from KOreader?

Thank you!

sofia915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:38 AM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I have never seen reading stats on my kindle! Is this a new update? I have a kobo and a kindle and my kobo is the only one that shows me any stats. How did you activate this feature?

The only way you can see reading stats for each book on the kobo is to open each one individually then go back to the main menu stats screen. I don’t think there is a way to display this info as a list, but maybe someone here will know of a patch.

Anyway, I have never seen this or heard of this on any kindle. Nothing about it on the kindle forum either. Hmmmmm
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:21 AM   #3
sofia915
sofia915 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I have never seen reading stats on my kindle! Is this a new update? I have a kobo and a kindle and my kobo is the only one that shows me any stats. How did you activate this feature?

The only way you can see reading stats for each book on the kobo is to open each one individually then go back to the main menu stats screen. I don’t think there is a way to display this info as a list, but maybe someone here will know of a patch.

Anyway, I have never seen this or heard of this on any kindle. Nothing about it on the kindle forum either. Hmmmmm
It's not a new feature. I use Amazon Free Time. I registered a free account and made a child/family profile. You then press the three dots on the upper right of the home page and select Amazon Free Time. It's below Goodreads.

Really hope someone can implement this on Kobo 🙏🙏🙏😭😭😭

You can also activate the Stats menu per book by editing the config file so you don't have to open each book and go to the stats screen.
sofia915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #4
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Oh wow! I wonder why this is not made available for adults? I made a free time account for my son but wouldn’t use it myself.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:36 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I do is decide how much I want to read (at least) per day be it number of chapters or number of pages. I find I don't need the Reader telling me to keep going because I'm not done yet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:24 AM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I do is decide how much I want to read (at least) per day be it number of chapters or number of pages. I find I don't need the Reader telling me to keep going because I'm not done yet.
What I need is a reader telling me to stop because I've read enough and am ignoring other less things I should be doing!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
What I need is a reader telling me to stop because I've read enough and am ignoring other less things I should be doing!
Set at itmer on your phone, Echo, or watch and you'll be good to go.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:48 AM   #8
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Set at itmer on your phone, Echo, or watch and you'll be good to go.
Now if I could have a timer / alarm on my kobo ...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:50 AM   #9
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Now if I could have a timer / alarm on my kobo ...
You can, if you install KOReader
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, libra h2o, reading stats, stats